IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
bravo_2_zero
Camo_fiend
sobota
Duncan McLain
lammasulyon
Bury_Dave
loski
magic2
Easy Gee
13 posters

Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!!

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!!

Post by Easy Gee Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:48 am

A few more Desert bit's N Bob's I picked up recently at a car boot sale, the Vest was £4.00 and appears to be unissued, the Jacket was £1.50, the belt 50p again unissued, the bergan cover was also 50p. Understandably I was quite chuffed with this little haul Very Happy

Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 Dsc07228Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 Dsc07229Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 Dsc07230Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 Dsc07231
    lammasulyon
    lammasulyon
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Henry G
    Registration date : 2010-07-13
    Number of posts : 368

Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!!

Post by lammasulyon Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:52 am

hey mate, your shirt, wat era was it issued???
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:57 am

lammasulyon wrote:hey mate, your shirt, wat era was it issued???

Thanks for looking Mate, GW 1 , but this one does not have the yellow shiny label common to these era Jackets..I might have to look into this a bit more scratch Wink
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Post by Gulf91 Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:59 am

Is it tea bag Gary as I have a one with similar buttons.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:24 am

Hi Rich.

It is similar to tea bag material, and the label is of a later type, white cotton label... scratch

Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 Dsc07235
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:29 am

Sorry guy's I Forgot to show these earlier, also picked these up from a car boot sale for 50p last weekend from serving RMC, clearing out his loft...bonus for me, price wise and fit wise Very Happy

Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 Dsc07236Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 Dsc07237

loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Name : Graham
    Registration date : 2010-08-11
    Number of posts : 919

Post by loski Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:44 pm

Easy Gee wrote:A few more Desert bit's N Bob's I picked up recently at a car boot sale, the Vest was £4.00 and appears to be unissued, the Jacket was £1.50, the belt 50p again unissued, the bergan cover was also 50p. Understandably I was quite chuffed with this little haul Very Happy

Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 Dsc07228Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 Dsc07229Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 Dsc07230Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 Dsc07231

Hi Gary
    The DDPM shirt you have is simular to my teabag shirt the fabric,buttons and lable match mine

Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 002-19

Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 001-22
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:37 pm

Hi Graham, thanks for your input, does yours have a zip?.

Awhile back I looked into label types, and began to work out a system, but since then I went off the trail as it were, I assumed Op Granby issued Lightweight Jackets had the yellow labels, it looks like at some stage they MOD changed to these white labels Question
    loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Post by loski Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:14 pm

Hi Gary
    Yes mine does have a zip if I rember correctly without looking its an OPTI zip
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:53 pm

loski wrote:Hi Gary
    Yes mine does have a zip if I rember correctly without looking its an OPTI zip

Thanks Graham, that is good to know, so it's looking more and more like the MoD had two types of labels in use with these jackets,this only makes me wonder if there are more than two??

Cheers Mate Smile
    loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Post by loski Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:40 pm

Hi Gary
    It does look like the MOD couldnt decide what lables to use
    Graham
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 Empty Para used Op Telic Jacket

Post by Easy Gee Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:40 pm

Para used Op Telic jacket

Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 Dsc07543Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 Dsc07544Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 Dsc07545Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 Dsc07546Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 Dsc07547
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:46 pm

Another Sparse Jacket. No zap number just a name!!

Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 Dsc07548Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 Dsc07549Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 Dsc07550Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 Dsc07551

Post by Guest Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:59 pm

some really nice condition dpm items there gary i get the feeling they wont be the last either keep up the good work mate
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:57 pm

Thanks James.

I have much more,but only tend to show the more interesting pieces ( well interesting to me anyway). But of course my collection will continue to grow over the months/years.

Thanks for looking and your comments Mate Smile

Post by Guest Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:01 pm

no probs pal ,its refreshing for me to see beyond lids ,can i ask how you store them or do you have a dedicated war drobe Smile
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:22 am

jaycee wrote:no probs pal ,its refreshing for me to see beyond lids ,can i ask how you store them or do you have a dedicated war drobe Smile

War drobe ,very good I like that... Laughing

No sadly it's stashed away in storage box's in the loft!!
    lorenzo19823

Registration date : 2012-05-23
    Number of posts : 4

Post by lorenzo19823 Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:28 pm

Easy Gee wrote:

Thanks for looking Mate, GW 1 , but this one does not have the yellow shiny label common to these era Jackets..I might have to look into this a bit more scratch Wink

Probably a more recent shirt.. aside from the label, even the buttons are diffent from Og.Grandby DDPM shirts (and similar to latest issued tropical DPM shirts). Wink

These shirts and trousers are been used in the first year of Op. Herrick/Telic
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:54 pm

lorenzo19823 wrote:
    Easy Gee wrote:

Probably a more recent shirt.. aside from the label, even the buttons are diffent from Og.Grandby DDPM shirts (and similar to latest issued tropical DPM shirts). Wink

These shirts and trousers are been used in the first year of Op. Herrick/Telic

Lorenzo Agreed on some points, but disagree on others.

These Jackets were made by many manufacturers including Induyco in Madrid!!!

Depending on manufacture the buttons can range from grey/beige through plain beige to a very light white/sand.

Totally agree that there is clear evidence that these Jackets were used in Telic.

Through my research I have discovered that the most common Operation Granby issue Jackets have the Compton and Webb label, the Jackets with the white cotton labels less scarce, the Jackets with the Induyco labels ,as rare as hen's teeth.

Many thanks for your input nevertheless Smile
    lorenzo19823

Registration date : 2012-05-23
    Number of posts : 4

Post by lorenzo19823 Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:27 pm

Easy Gee wrote:
    Depending on manufacture the buttons can range from grey/beige through plain beige to a very light white/sand.

I know, but take a look on this latest issued tropical shirt (late '90 I think), button type (large and flat) and shirt style/material are nearly the same of "white label" shirts Wink

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Army-shirt-British-Army-Issue-DPM-Camo-Tropical-Jungle-Lweight-Jacket-G1-/230830773100

Do you have any photo about GW1 "white label" shirts??

Btw... British militaria is anything but exact science! Very Happy

(and sorry for my poor english Rolling Eyes )
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:34 pm

lorenzo19823 wrote:
    Easy Gee wrote:

I know, but take a look on this latest issued tropical shirt (late '90 I think), button type (large and flat) and shirt style/material are nearly the same of "white label" shirts Wink

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Army-shirt-British-Army-Issue-DPM-Camo-Tropical-Jungle-Lweight-Jacket-G1-/230830773100

Do you have any photo about GW1 "white label" shirts??

Btw... British militaria is anything but exact science! Very Happy

(and sorry for my poor english Rolling Eyes )

Hi Lorenzo, yes I see what you mean now, yes the Op Granby Desert Jackets are based on the style of the Tropical.

I fully intend to create a thread of the different types's of Desert Lightweight jackets one day, just never got around to it yet.

I could not agree more my friend, Brit clothing can be most confusing to collectors!

regards Gary. Very Happy
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 Empty InduycoDDPM Jacket

Post by Easy Gee Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:18 pm

Here's a Op Granby era lightweight Jacket, made by Induyco S.A., I have not personally seen many of these Induyco made Jackets in others collections, but feel to let me know if you have one too Smile

Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 Dsc07622Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 Dsc07623

Non-Opti made zipper( this one is made by "D") and dark brown buttons.Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 Dsc07624

And the label,which is made of plastic not fabric.Easy's DDPM Collection ......ongoing!! - Page 4 Dsc07625

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:08 am