IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Danish Belt

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Danish Belt  Empty Danish Belt

Post by Easy Gee Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:10 pm

Hi Guys.

I believe this is a Danish Air force Belt, I'm not too sure of the issue date of this, any other ideas you have,would be great. Thanks for looking. Wink

Danish Belt  Dsc05051

Danish Belt  Dsc05052
    saltefanden
    saltefanden
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Registration date : 2010-12-23
    Number of posts : 731

Danish Belt  Empty Re: Danish Belt

Post by saltefanden Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:13 pm

Dear Mr. Gee,
    I'm affraid I don't recognize the crown, the eagle or the camo on the canvas belt.

Can the buckle have been clipped on a later belt, because it looks substantially older and like it's been well polished many a time.

But I'm not a Danish AF expert, so give me a few days and I'll ask around.

Cheers and take care
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:36 pm

saltefanden wrote:Dear Mr. Gee,
    I'm affraid I don't recognize the crown, the eagle or the camo on the canvas belt.

Can the buckle have been clipped on a later belt, because it looks substantially older and like it's been well polished many a time.

But I'm not a Danish AF expert, so give me a few days and I'll ask around.

Cheers and take care

Ooops I genuinely thought it was Danish, I must admit I was a little suspicious about the camo canvas belt, but thought the buckle was Danish!!! scratch

Thanks for looking Ronny, maybe back to the drawing board on this one Laughing
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Post by Gulf91 Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:33 am

Gary,no ideas about the buckle but the camo pattern on the belt looks like a camping shop jobby im afraid.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:07 am

Gulf91 wrote:Gary,no ideas about the buckle but the camo pattern on the belt looks like a camping shop jobby im afraid.

Hi Rich, as before I'm suspicious about the webbing belt it'self , like you I believe its a commercial or fashion item, the buckle caught my eye literally, I was told it was Danish...buy the item not the story Rolling Eyes Laughing
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Post by Gulf91 Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:12 am

Dont Know Gary as i know there are quite a few Crowns which are very similar so hard to exactly pinpoint which country.
    saltefanden
    saltefanden
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Registration date : 2010-12-23
    Number of posts : 731

Post by saltefanden Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:53 pm

Gary,
    The canvas belt is probably unoriginal and new, I agree.
    But the buckle may have some provenance as the eagle looks rather like the early logo of Danish rescue services Falck - now part of Group4/Falck - they and 'Zonen' (or 'The Zone', what a name!) where the two dominant resque- and ambulance services in Denmark before, during and after WW2. They were both 'purveyor of services to the Kingdom of Denmark' which might explain the crown.

It may or may not be a really old Falck belt buckle and that would make it Danish after all, though not military or even AF. But with even 15 min. of Google'ing I've found nothing substantial. Maybe scour 'Falck', 'belt buckle' and 'vintage' longer and harder than I did?

Cheers!

Last edited by saltefanden on Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : BELT BUCKLE WAS INDENTIFIED BY A FEW GOOD NORWEGIANS ON THIS FORUM AS NORWEGIAN A.F. - PLEASE DISREGARD MY CRUDE SPECULATIONS ;-D)
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:02 pm

saltefanden wrote:Gary,
    The canvas belt is probably unoriginal and new, I agree.
    But the buckle may have some provenance as the eagle looks rather like the early logo of Danish rescue services Falck - now part of Group4/Falck - they and 'Zonen' (or 'The Zone', what a name!) where the two dominant resque- and ambulance services in Denmark before, during and after WW2. They were both 'purveyor of services to the Kingdom of Denmark' which might explain the crown.

It may or may not be a really old Falck belt buckle and that would make it Danish after all, though not military or even AF. But with even 15 min. of Google'ing I've found nothing substantial. Maybe scour 'Falck', 'belt buckle' and 'vintage' longer and harder than I did?

Cheers!

No worries Ronny, like you I've scoured the web, with no results, but thanks for your efforts mate, I appreciate this a lot. Wink

NorBn
    NorBn
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2009-02-27
    Number of posts : 282

Post by NorBn Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:23 am

Last edited by saltefanden on Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : BELT BUCKLE WAS INDENTIFIED BY A FEW GOOD NORWEGIANS ON THIS FORUM AS NORWEGIAN A.F. - PLEASE DISREGARD MY CRUDE SPECULATIONS ;-D)

saltefanden is on to it, this is a Norwegian AF belt buckle, the belt is something else.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:19 am