Smock Parachutists-2 Para.

    Share

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3704

    Smock Parachutists-2 Para.

    Post by Gulf91 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:29 am

    Seeing as they are flavour of the month i might as well join the bandwagon even though they dont turn me on or interest me as much as some of you guys Razz Razz Razz

    Colours,print etc dont interest me in the slightest,all i am interested is haveing for my collection 1 of each of the types EG early "77" patt,Nato sized "77" patt and 1 of each of the later type.

    Old pics so not even sure if i still have this smock---














    bravo_2_zero
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Location : England
    Registration date : 2009-04-16
    Number of posts : 781

    Re: Smock Parachutists-2 Para.

    Post by bravo_2_zero on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:04 am

    Nice smock.

    Yes the last and latest issue budget smocks.

    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 47
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: Smock Parachutists-2 Para.

    Post by Easy Gee on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:09 am

    Very nice Rich, I'm still mystified why this one would be latest issue, I thought they had plastic labels Question

    bravo_2_zero
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Location : England
    Registration date : 2009-04-16
    Number of posts : 781

    Re: Smock Parachutists-2 Para.

    Post by bravo_2_zero on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:17 am

    Easy Gee wrote:Very nice Rich, I'm still mystified why this one would be latest issue, I thought they had plastic labels Question

    All same plastic or cloth, the smock is the same.

    The camo is printed on a yellow based cloth which makes the print dark and shiny, poppers and zip are brass coloured or coated.

    I have same one but very little use and they are without a doubt budget made at the side of the 80's and 90's counterparts.

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3704

    Re: Smock Parachutists-2 Para.

    Post by Gulf91 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:20 am



    Pic of inside.

    From what i remember the cuffs were a little weird compared to other smocks and seeing as it was in such good condition they seemed to be original to the smock??

    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 47
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: Smock Parachutists-2 Para.

    Post by Easy Gee on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:00 pm

    bravo_2_zero wrote:
    Easy Gee wrote:Very nice Rich, I'm still mystified why this one would be latest issue, I thought they had plastic labels Question

    All same plastic or cloth, the smock is the same.

    The camo is printed on a yellow based cloth which makes the print dark and shiny, poppers and zip are brass coloured or coated.

    I have same one but very little use and they are without a doubt budget made at the side of the 80's and 90's counterparts.


    Thanks for the confirmation, I have yet to get my head around these smocks entirely Wink

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3704

    Re: Smock Parachutists-2 Para.

    Post by Gulf91 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:22 pm

    Gulf91 wrote:

    Pic of inside.

    From what i remember the cuffs were a little weird compared to other smocks and seeing as it was in such good condition they seemed to be original to the smock??


    Interior of a plastic labelled smock for comparison-



    bravo_2_zero
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Location : England
    Registration date : 2009-04-16
    Number of posts : 781

    Re: Smock Parachutists-2 Para.

    Post by bravo_2_zero on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:48 pm

    Gulf91 wrote:
    Gulf91 wrote:

    Pic of inside.

    From what i remember the cuffs were a little weird compared to other smocks and seeing as it was in such good condition they seemed to be original to the smock??


    Interior of a plastic labelled smock for comparison-



    The white one is an earlier model from 90's and early 00's. The white cloth ones are far superior to the later ones with yellow backed cloth.

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3704

    Re: Smock Parachutists-2 Para.

    Post by Gulf91 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:58 pm

    Im even more confused now as arent the plastic labelled ones the LAST issue smocks?

    If the 2 Para one is in fact a later smock that one has a cloth label scratch

    bravo_2_zero
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Location : England
    Registration date : 2009-04-16
    Number of posts : 781

    Re: Smock Parachutists-2 Para.

    Post by bravo_2_zero on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:09 pm

    British stuff is a little tricky to date.

    The dennisons had Newley press studs, the 77 ones did, the 84-86 did and the first run of the newer print.

    The newer jackets have the wider poppers that rattle. The early ones are brass, the later ones are brass dipped almost , brass coated silver poppers painted black.

    Cloth is the same , if the print has large shapes and seems sparse then it's early, in the mid 80's the MOD added extra shapes to DPM and shrunk the print. The print then got darker colours and when it was printed on the yellow cloth the colours went super dark.

    The cuffs too , the early ones the cuffs feel a little more rough with means they are probably made of wool, the later ones are soft so could be a wool mix.

    You know when you have a later one when you put it against a British made one.

    bravo_2_zero
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Location : England
    Registration date : 2009-04-16
    Number of posts : 781

    Re: Smock Parachutists-2 Para.

    Post by bravo_2_zero on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:28 pm

    Gulf91 wrote:Im even more confused now as arent the plastic labelled ones the LAST issue smocks?

    If the 2 Para one is in fact a later smock that one has a cloth label scratch

    The tag material don't mean much to be honest.

    Example



    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 47
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: Smock Parachutists-2 Para.

    Post by Easy Gee on Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:42 pm

    scratch lol!

    loski
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Name : Graham
    Age : 51
    Location : West Sussex
    Registration date : 2010-08-11
    Number of posts : 834

    Re: Smock Parachutists-2 Para.

    Post by loski on Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:48 pm

    Has anyone got an idea of the eara of this one cloth lable Prym snaps and a CRT bronze zip I think the pattern is printed on mid green

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3704

    Re: Smock Parachutists-2 Para.

    Post by Gulf91 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:26 am

    loski wrote:Has anyone got an idea of the eara of this one cloth lable Prym snaps and a CRT bronze zip I think the pattern is printed on mid green

    I bet on here and if you asked on other forums you could get 3-4 answers,all different Shocked Shocked

    Out of interest why is the name tape blacked out?

    bravo_2_zero
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Location : England
    Registration date : 2009-04-16
    Number of posts : 781

    Re: Smock Parachutists-2 Para.

    Post by bravo_2_zero on Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:53 am

    Your smock mate is the same as the one that started this thread.
    Same as this one , mine is near new.

    bravo_2_zero
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Location : England
    Registration date : 2009-04-16
    Number of posts : 781

    Re: Smock Parachutists-2 Para.

    Post by bravo_2_zero on Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:25 am

    My smock has a contract of dc1aesl/0077, this after a quick google was brought in around the mid 2000's.

    loski
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Name : Graham
    Age : 51
    Location : West Sussex
    Registration date : 2010-08-11
    Number of posts : 834

    Re: Smock Parachutists-2 Para.

    Post by loski on Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:41 am

    Gulf91 wrote:
    loski wrote:Has anyone got an idea of the eara of this one cloth lable Prym snaps and a CRT bronze zip I think the pattern is printed on mid green

    I bet on here and if you asked on other forums you could get 3-4 answers,all different Shocked Shocked

    Out of interest why is the name tape blacked out?
    I used a phot that had been posted before and the tape had already been censored

    Sponsored content

    Re: Smock Parachutists-2 Para.

    Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:45 am


      Current date/time is Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:45 am