Smock Parachutists-Plastic Label-Late/Cheap Version???

Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3701

Smock Parachutists-Plastic Label-Late/Cheap Version???

Post by Gulf91 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:28 pm

These plastic labelled Smocks are apparently the last made/issued and again apparently made of inferior materials etc.

Ive just scrutinised it and in my opinion(having never worn one on active service etc) cannot find any faults with it apart from the zip(which appears to be original or if not someone has done a fantastic job replacing it)which looks bizarre and out of place on the smock,everything looks top notch-Original Prym poppers,decent cuffs etc.

Appears to have had what looks like a Union Flag glued to the left shoulder and another patch on the left pen pocket-same shape but looks smaller than a 16th Air Asault patch.

bravo_2_zero
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Registration date : 2009-04-16
    Number of posts : 781

Re: Smock Parachutists-Plastic Label-Late/Cheap Version???

Post by bravo_2_zero on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:56 pm

That my mate is a good one , early issue from the later 80's because of the style of poppers that resemble the Newley ones.

The zipper is replacement as they use the real brass ones on this period item.

I bought the same one from jay jays back in 94 , same poppers. I modded that and it's on my para smock post.

Don't worry about this one mate, it's made in England.

Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:59 pm

bravo_2_zero wrote:That my mate is a good one , early issue from the later 80's because of the style of poppers that resemble the Newley ones.

I bought the same one from jay jays back in 94 , same poppers. I modded that and it's on my para smock post.

But it has the plastic label which i was told/led to believe was a late issue cheap and nasty made smock???

This is doing my head in Laughing Laughing Laughing

Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Post by Easy Gee on Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:41 pm

Gulf91 wrote:
    bravo_2_zero wrote:That my mate is a good one , early issue from the later 80's because of the style of poppers that resemble the Newley ones.

But it has the plastic label which i was told/led to believe was a late issue cheap and nasty made smock???

Oh God, I'm even more confused than I was before ( if that's possible) scratch , nice one Rich, like it Mate Wink

Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:45 pm

Easy Gee wrote:
    Gulf91 wrote:

Oh God, I'm even more confused than I was before ( if that's possible) scratch , nice one Rich, like it Mate Wink

I give up Gary Laughing Laughing

Plastic label=late/last issue,yes,no,yes,no,yes,no affraid affraid affraid

Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Post by Easy Gee on Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:26 am

Gulf91 wrote:
    Easy Gee wrote:
    Gulf91 wrote:

I give up Gary Laughing Laughing

Plastic label=late/last issue,yes,no,yes,no,yes,no affraid affraid affraid

Confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:39 pm

Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:39 pm