IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Pilots Jacket with removeable fur collar.

Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Pilots Jacket with removeable fur collar. Empty Pilots Jacket with removeable fur collar.

Post by Gulf91 Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:28 am

Having a sort out of an empty wardrobe that i have various jackets and uniforms stored and came across this-French i believe but unfortunately the label is missing.

Pilots Jacket with removeable fur collar. 3b896627

Pilots Jacket with removeable fur collar. 5cf12431

Pilots Jacket with removeable fur collar. 8bb723c1
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Pilots Jacket with removeable fur collar. Empty Re: Pilots Jacket with removeable fur collar.

Post by Easy Gee Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:47 pm

Been looking at this one a while now Mate, I'll start...

Certainly looks French the material and shade of green looks French, does it have an Opti zipper or YKK ?, I like the look of it a lot, reminds me of a Tanker style jacket if it didn't have the furry collar!!

It would be great to get a positive id on this one Rich Wink
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Pilots Jacket with removeable fur collar. Empty Re: Pilots Jacket with removeable fur collar.

Post by Gulf91 Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:52 pm

Easy Gee wrote:Been looking at this one a while now Mate, I'll start...

Certainly looks French the material and shade of green looks French, does it have an Opti zipper or YKK ?, I like the look of it a lot, reminds me of a Tanker style jacket if it didn't have the furry collar!!

Thanks Gary,unfortunately have packed it away again so cannot check regarding the zip.

Material looks like French HBT and the pop studs also look French.

Had it for a while now and not sure why i bought it or where it came from.

My dilemma is to either keep it and if they were badged try to source appropriate badges/patches etc or sell it on.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Post by Easy Gee Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:04 pm

Gulf91 wrote:
    Easy Gee wrote:Been looking at this one a while now Mate, I'll start...

Thanks Gary,unfortunately have packed it away again so cannot check regarding the zip.

Material looks like French HBT and the pop studs also look French.

Had it for a while now and not sure why i bought it or where it came from.

My dilemma is to either keep it and if they were badged try to source appropriate badges/patches etc or sell it on.

No worries Rich, HBT makes sense, but then if I'm not mistaken the French used HBT earlier on then dropped it, and then confusingly reintroduced it..that doesn't help with aging this one does it!!!!

And yes , I do most definitely relate to your dilemma re: sourcing French patches, either rarer than hen's teeth, or ridiculously expensive, probably because of the former, damn those hoaders of French patches Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:37 am