IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
parafal
wasntme
Easy Gee
7 posters

US Desert Boots.

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

US Desert Boots. Empty US Desert Boots.

Post by Easy Gee Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:02 am

Hi Guys.

I Got these from a local surplus store, still got the dirt in them, nice Gulf war Boots,enjoy... pretty pleased with my self for picking these up Very Happy

US Desert Boots. Dsc05938[url=https://servimg.com/view/14840844/2550]US Desert Boots. Dsc05940US Desert Boots. Dsc05939[/url]

wasntme
    wasntme
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2012-01-02
    Number of posts : 36

US Desert Boots. Empty Re: US Desert Boots.

Post by wasntme Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:13 pm

Are the soles black on these ?
    Nice pair of boots but they show up here all the time.lol lol!
    just bet they dont show up there very offen.
    David
    parafal
    parafal
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Ed.
    Registration date : 2011-09-19
    Number of posts : 164

Post by parafal Tue May 01, 2012 2:33 am

The soles are a dark Brown ,i own 2 pairs , one used and one mint
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Post by Gulf91 Tue May 01, 2012 3:04 am

Easy to come by and cheap im afraid.

Still nice for the collection i guess.
    sh4pak
    sh4pak
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Registration date : 2012-04-23
    Number of posts : 626

Post by sh4pak Tue May 01, 2012 1:07 pm

--The Panama soles are nice, tho'. Those, you see less of.
    parafal
    parafal
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Ed.
    Registration date : 2011-09-19
    Number of posts : 164

Post by parafal Tue May 01, 2012 9:05 pm

Both of mine have Panama soles , top one is used and the bottom pair is unused

US Desert Boots. 114_0420
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Wed May 02, 2012 4:36 pm

wasntme wrote:Are the soles black on these ?
    Nice pair of boots but they show up here all the time.lol lol!
    just bet they dont show up there very offen.
    David

Thanks David, I guess over the pond they are soooo common, your probably sick of looking at them,but where I am they are believe it or not quite scarce ( except ebay of course!!!)

And no the soles are dark brown , Thanks for looking Mate Wink
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Wed May 02, 2012 4:38 pm

Nice examples Parafal, and thanks for all the comments generally fella's Very Happy
    wasntme
    wasntme
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2012-01-02
    Number of posts : 36

Post by wasntme Wed May 02, 2012 11:38 pm

yes very common here Gary fact is i have 2 pairs i ware all the time ,hope i didn't rub you the wrong way with my comment was just kidding around.Don't see the bark soles very offend.

David
    sh4pak
    sh4pak
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post by sh4pak Thu May 03, 2012 12:15 am

--As an aside, I think that it might be fair to mention that I have heard many negative reviews about current-issue British boots. Much of this stems from (I think) the fact that the Crown gave the contract to a U.S. company who makes the boots overseas (I might be mistaken, the conversations I had were back in 2009, so please...)

Anyway, it was an Irish Ranger who made me aware of Belleville, and I swear by them.

Point is, if the British market has become corrupted like ours has, it is to our credit that we still manage to furnish things that they want. Albeit, we're talking about 20 year old boots in this thread, and since Gulf 1, Altama has seen quality standards slip-- but frankly, I am quite proud that people in the UK covet our kit. It makes me feel like, at some point, we did things right.

I don't mean to slight anybody by saying this. All I'm saying is that... if it works? Be proud. Be proud that you are in the know. (And, for my own hat-tip... I absolutely love my "Department of Defence Woolen Trousers." Australian wool & British tailoring-- you CANNOT go wrong with that combination).

Best to all of you,

--Dan
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat May 05, 2012 11:09 am

wasntme wrote:yes very common here Gary fact is i have 2 pairs i ware all the time ,hope i didn't rub you the wrong way with my comment was just kidding around.Don't see the bark soles very offend.

David

No problem Dave, no rubbing up the wrong way here Mate, I guess it's the same when you US guy'd come across some Brit kit Very Happy
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat May 05, 2012 11:16 am

sh4pak wrote:--As an aside, I think that it might be fair to mention that I have heard many negative reviews about current-issue British boots. Much of this stems from (I think) the fact that the Crown gave the contract to a U.S. company who makes the boots overseas (I might be mistaken, the conversations I had were back in 2009, so please...)

Anyway, it was an Irish Ranger who made me aware of Belleville, and I swear by them.

Point is, if the British market has become corrupted like ours has, it is to our credit that we still manage to furnish things that they want. Albeit, we're talking about 20 year old boots in this thread, and since Gulf 1, Altama has seen quality standards slip-- but frankly, I am quite proud that people in the UK covet our kit. It makes me feel like, at some point, we did things right.

I don't mean to slight anybody by saying this. All I'm saying is that... if it works? Be proud. Be proud that you are in the know. (And, for my own hat-tip... I absolutely love my "Department of Defence Woolen Trousers." Australian wool & British tailoring-- you CANNOT go wrong with that combination).

Best to all of you,

--Dan

Hey Dan, no worries and fair comments made.

We Brits are currently wearing Lowas ( German ), Wellco ( US), amongst many other brands, the only British boots I am aware of that are/were in current use was Magnums ( and they are probably made in China/Vietnam)....go figure!!!

And I must admit a pair of 20 year old US Desert boots, is a great things to own, I love them, I am proud.

Thanks for your valid points Mate, it keeps these threads fresh Very Happy
    sh4pak
    sh4pak
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post by sh4pak Sat May 05, 2012 12:29 pm

Yep. It was the Magnums we discussed. Both the Irishman, and a few Englishmen had very disparaging comments. I had been curious about them, since I owned older, commercial versions that were awful, but I thought that now they might have improved. I was *about* to plop down 150.00 for some GSG 9's, but the Ranger rescued me. =]
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat May 05, 2012 1:00 pm

sh4pak wrote:Yep. It was the Magnums we discussed. Both the Irishman, and a few Englishmen had very disparaging comments. I had been curious about them, since I owned older, commercial versions that were awful, but I thought that now they might have improved. I was *about* to plop down 150.00 for some GSG 9's, but the Ranger rescued me. =]

Ah, yes magnums, not so good in the sandbox so I have heard too, I own a pair which I wear to work, and they are dead comfy, but then I do spend a lot of my time behind a desk!!!

GSG 9's are cool, but out of my price range!!!

Here's my err, office Magnum boots Laughing

US Desert Boots. Dsc04934
    loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Name : Graham
    Registration date : 2010-08-11
    Number of posts : 919

Post by loski Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:37 pm

Easy Gee wrote:
    sh4pak wrote:--As an aside, I think that it might be fair to mention that I have heard many negative reviews about current-issue British boots. Much of this stems from (I think) the fact that the Crown gave the contract to a U.S. company who makes the boots overseas (I might be mistaken, the conversations I had were back in 2009, so please...)

Best to all of you,

--Dan

Hey Dan, no worries and fair comments made.

We Brits are currently wearing Lowas ( German ), Wellco ( US), amongst many other brands, the only British boots I am aware of that are/were in current use was Magnums ( and they are probably made in China/Vietnam)....go figure!!!

And I must admit a pair of 20 year old US Desert boots, is a great things to own, I love them, I am proud.

Thanks for your valid points Mate, it keeps these threads fresh Very Happy
    Late again I just bought a pair each of desert and jungle magnum amazon 5s, both are made in Hong Kong
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:35 am

Ive also just bought an unworn pair of Amazon 5s and didnt know they were actual ISSUE boots.

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:03 pm

Definitely an ISSUED boot, wouldn't have an NSN else!!

Graham probably mine are more than likely made in Hong Kong,or Vietnam too!!!

US Desert Boots. Magnum10
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:47 pm

US Desert Boots. 84050d0b
    loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Post by loski Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:39 pm

Both the tan magnum amazon5 desert boots
    and the black magnum amazon5 jungle boots
    have an MSN no
    loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Post by loski Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:32 pm

Just got around to taking a pic of both pairs of Magnum Amazon 5s.US Desert Boots. 010 one thing I will say I have been wearing Magnum Elites for work since they were introduced and I dont think the amazons have the build quality of the Elites, plus I have had to wear both pairs of the amazons in I never had to do that with any of mt Elites just took them out of the box and wore them.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:02 pm

Nice one's Graham, I agree the Amazons do not match the quality of the Elites.

The Amazons look and feel cheap next to higher quality boots, but I broke mine very easily, whereas my Lowa's took months, and are still not exactly comfy after a year!!

I must get a pair Meindls to see how they stand up to the abuse I give my boots!
    loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Post by loski Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:42 pm

Hi Gary
    Im not complaining as both pairs are brand spankers and only cost around £50.00 inc shipping from evilbay
    I have been having a punt on several pairs of the Meindl dessies but seem to get out bid might have more luck now the Armys new brown boots have been anounced I have had contacted Meindl and found out that they do a Jungle boot basicly a black version of the desert boot you have to order it as a special order from your local stockist Im off duty over the weekend so will dropin on them and see what the sp is wont be cheap tho but they will be ideal for me for work as most of my time is spent walking around inside buildings.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:19 pm

loski wrote:Hi Gary
    Im not complaining as both pairs are brand spankers and only cost around £50.00 inc shipping from evilbay
    I have been having a punt on several pairs of the Meindl dessies but seem to get out bid might have more luck now the Armys new brown boots have been anounced I have had contacted Meindl and found out that they do a Jungle boot basicly a black version of the desert boot you have to order it as a special order from your local stockist Im off duty over the weekend so will dropin on them and see what the sp is wont be cheap tho but they will be ideal for me for work as most of my time is spent walking around inside buildings.

£50 is good mate, especially brand spankers!!!!!

And talking about the new brown boots, I have not seen too much info out there apart from the usual MoD spiel, it would be good to hear from someone who owns a pair, and shares how good they are or not as the case may be.

I generally wear my boots around at weekends, as they do not look good in the office during the week Laughing

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:01 am

very nice gary especially used ,great find mate
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:07 pm

jaycee wrote:very nice gary especially used ,great find mate

And they fit too cheers

Thanks for looking James ,I appreciate your comments Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:10 am