IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

PLCE 90 Pattern OG Webbing.

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

PLCE 90 Pattern OG Webbing. Empty PLCE 90 Pattern OG Webbing.

Post by Easy Gee Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:19 pm

Hi Guys.

Here's a Gulf war 90/91 dated PLCE 90 Pattern OG Webbing kit from my collection,possibly been used in the sandbox..who knows, still a good honest used piece of kit,that tells a story , This is the type belt kit, that British troops would have worn on deployment to Operation Granby ( Desert Storm), there are reference pictures of 90 Pattern being sprayed with sand coloured paint used by front line troops, where REMF were still using the 58 Pattern webbing in some cases Smile

PLCE 90 Pattern OG Webbing. Dsc05941PLCE 90 Pattern OG Webbing. Dsc05942PLCE 90 Pattern OG Webbing. Dsc05943PLCE 90 Pattern OG Webbing. Dsc05944PLCE 90 Pattern OG Webbing. Dsc05945PLCE 90 Pattern OG Webbing. Dsc05946
    Tommo
    Tommo
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Rory Thompson
    Registration date : 2011-07-21
    Number of posts : 341

PLCE 90 Pattern OG Webbing. Empty Re: PLCE 90 Pattern OG Webbing.

Post by Tommo Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:13 pm

Very nice, flogged mine ages ago.

14 Sigs were frontline however and wore '58 Pattern Wink
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:06 pm

Tommo wrote:Very nice, flogged mine ages ago.

That's interesting, do you have any pics or written reference articles re: The 14 Signal Squadron (Electronic Warfare).

During Op granby they provided intercept, jamming and direction finding.I am aware they came under the 1st (British) Armoured Division.But not certain they wore 58 webbing though.

Any specific information, regarding this squadron and the usage of 58 P webbing would be useful!!!
    Bury_Dave
    Bury_Dave
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Name : Dave
    Registration date : 2012-02-14
    Number of posts : 822

Post by Bury_Dave Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:06 pm

No REMF, no blokes at the pointy end . Can't fight without food, water, ammo and transport ........ I say that as a grateful someone from the sharpe end Smile They also serve who stand and wait ........
    Tommo
    Tommo
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Rory Thompson
    Registration date : 2011-07-21
    Number of posts : 341

Post by Tommo Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:34 pm

Easy Gee wrote:

That's interesting, do you have any pics or written reference articles re: The 14 Signal Squadron (Electronic Warfare).

During Op granby they provided intercept, jamming and direction finding.I am aware they came under the 1st (British) Armoured Division.But not certain they wore 58 webbing though.

Any specific information, regarding this squadron and the usage of 58 P webbing would be useful!!!

Nope, not that I know of, however my dad was one of them Wink despite 14 Sigs being 'scaleys' and being one of the last units to adopt PLCE, the SA80 IWS and others, part their role is forward recce (Spec-Op & Sneaky Beaky Sigs) so you'd regularly find it's members working alongside other units. I'm also told they were one of the first British units to take Iraqi Prisoners, this isn't documented however - or at least I don't think it is.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:55 am

Bury_Dave wrote:No REMF, no blokes at the pointy end . Can't fight without food, water, ammo and transport ........ I say that as a grateful someone from the sharpe end Smile They also serve who stand and wait ........

Well said that man,good point made and well presented Smile

I wasn't dismissing REMF at all, I was in RCT so was involved in carrying round front line troops and all their kit ..taxi to the frontline anyone?
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:59 am

Tommo wrote:
    Easy Gee wrote:

Nope, not that I know of, however my dad was one of them Wink despite 14 Sigs being 'scaleys' and being one of the last units to adopt PLCE, the SA80 IWS and others, part their role is forward recce (Spec-Op & Sneaky Beaky Sigs) so you'd regularly find it's members working alongside other units. I'm also told they were one of the first British units to take Iraqi Prisoners, this isn't documented however - or at least I don't think it is.

Thanks Tommo, great to have that level of info from your Dad, good one Mate.
    magic2
    magic2
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2012-01-15
    Number of posts : 74

Post by magic2 Sat May 05, 2012 3:51 am

my plce webbing in progress Very Happy PLCE 90 Pattern OG Webbing. 28042010PLCE 90 Pattern OG Webbing. 28042011PLCE 90 Pattern OG Webbing. 28042012
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat May 05, 2012 1:06 pm

Magic2, very nice, it look's like a good work in progress project, I would imagine it is pretty hard to pick PLCE in Italy, thanks for looking and contributing your set Smile
    magic2
    magic2
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by magic2 Sat May 05, 2012 5:31 pm

Hi Easy Gee,the various pouches take them from a British seller.yoke,belt,double pouch water, and utility pouch, take from italian seller.currently my PLCE has 1 ammo pouch, 2 water pouches, 1 utility pouch,1 entrenching tool pouch ,coming a second ammo pouch Smile .regards,Magic2.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Mon May 07, 2012 7:41 am

magic2 wrote:Hi Easy Gee,the various pouches take them from a British seller.yoke,belt,double pouch water, and utility pouch, take from italian seller.currently my PLCE has 1 ammo pouch, 2 water pouches, 1 utility pouch,1 entrenching tool pouch ,coming a second ammo pouch Smile .regards,Magic2.

Great way to source the necessary parts, I hope you manage to get all the parts you need Mate. Very Happy
    magic2
    magic2
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by magic2 Sat May 19, 2012 9:19 am

the family increasesPLCE 90 Pattern OG Webbing. 18052012PLCE 90 Pattern OG Webbing. 18052013PLCE 90 Pattern OG Webbing. 18052014
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat May 26, 2012 5:08 am

Very nice Magic, it's great to see the family growing Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 pm