IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Not sure if this is the right place, need help with Para helmets

Longshaor
    Longshaor
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2012-01-02
    Number of posts : 34

Not sure if this is the right place, need help with Para helmets Empty Not sure if this is the right place, need help with Para helmets

Post by Longshaor Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:30 am

Hi all,

I've got a pair of early fibre Para helmets and I need some help with them. The first needs a new liner as the styrofoam is disintigrating. Any idea where one can be had?

The second is more of a problem child. It's a very early fibre helmet with a strange, semi-reflective chin strap - not the usual 3-point one on the later helmets. The strap is fine but the mounting hardware is badly corroded. Are replacements even available for this?

Both are size Large.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Not sure if this is the right place, need help with Para helmets Empty Re: Not sure if this is the right place, need help with Para helmets

Post by Gulf91 Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:25 pm

Longshaor wrote:Hi all,

I've got a pair of early fibre Para helmets and I need some help with them. The first needs a new liner as the styrofoam is disintigrating. Any idea where one can be had?

The second is more of a problem child. It's a very early fibre helmet with a strange, semi-reflective chin strap - not the usual 3-point one on the later helmets. The strap is fine but the mounting hardware is badly corroded. Are replacements even available for this?

Both are size Large.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Any chance of some pics of the 2nd helmet please in order to see exactly what you need.

I dont know of a seller of the styrofoam liners but keep your eye out on Ebay as there used to be a seller on there(cannot remember his ID) who used to offer them for sale.

The problem I have found with these "Kevlar" para helmets isnt the styrofoam itself but the foam/sponge type padding to the cloth part of the liner that 9 time out of 10 has totally disintegrated or has started to and makes a nice mess as it falls out of the helmet Sad Sad
    Longshaor
    Longshaor
    Corporal
    Corporal

Not sure if this is the right place, need help with Para helmets Empty Re: Not sure if this is the right place, need help with Para helmets

Post by Longshaor Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:06 pm

Gulf91,

I'll be posting pictures some time this weekend of both helmets. IIRC, Special Forces Kit used to sell replacement liners for 70 quid or so, however they've since closed up shop & are selling what's left of their stock on eBay.

Cheers
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:13 pm

Longshaor wrote:Gulf91,

I'll be posting pictures some time this weekend of both helmets. IIRC, Special Forces Kit used to sell replacement liners for 70 quid or so, however they've since closed up shop & are selling what's left of their stock on eBay.

Cheers

No probs.

For £70 you could pick up a complete helmet!!!!

The ones I remember seeing were £15 and were a complete unit,the styrofoam and cloth part of the liner-regret not buying one myself now Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
    Longshaor
    Longshaor
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Longshaor Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:20 pm

I hear ya! All the Para helmets I see now are 100 quid and up!
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:28 pm

Longshaor wrote:I hear ya! All the Para helmets I see now are 100 quid and up!

The early "Kevlar" type with the green nylon type chin/neck straps are rare and expensive.
    Longshaor
    Longshaor
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Longshaor Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:42 am

OK, here's pics of the strap and the Para helmet it came off of.

Green side
    Not sure if this is the right place, need help with Para helmets DSC04829

White(ish) side
    Not sure if this is the right place, need help with Para helmets DSC04830

Helmet, left side
    Not sure if this is the right place, need help with Para helmets DSC04831

Helmet liner
    Not sure if this is the right place, need help with Para helmets DSC04832

So, can anyone tell me what I need to fix this and where I can find it?

Cheers
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:39 am

All you need is the std Screw/Bolt assembly same as used on all "Kevlar" Para Helmets.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 am