IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NBC News War Correspondent Jacket and Cap

nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3320

NBC News War Correspondent Jacket and Cap Empty NBC News War Correspondent Jacket and Cap

Post by nkomo Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:17 pm

I have been holding off posting this DCU for a bit. I was hoping I could possibly figure out who the original owner was, but the name tape has been removed and that makes the research quite difficult.

The Jacket is an EARLY commercial 3-Color DCU that was available for purchase during Desert Storm through companies like Brigade Quartermaster, US Cav, etc. This piece has the early take-up tabs on the side that have been tailored by sewing them down. Has NBC News Desert Storm tape on the chest, along with the NBC logo. Has a desert tan US flag and DESERT STORM above that. Jacket is heavily used, is faded, and has dirt/grease/grime ring in the neck collar area.

NBC News War Correspondent Jacket and Cap 00318
    NBC News War Correspondent Jacket and Cap 00418
    NBC News War Correspondent Jacket and Cap 00516
    NBC News War Correspondent Jacket and Cap 00614

I was contacted by the seller offering me a DCU cap from the same guy. When the cap arrived, I was beyond surprised. The cap looks like it is a later manufactured piece and I believe the cap may very well be from when he covered Operation Iraqi Freedom.

NBC News War Correspondent Jacket and Cap 00126
    NBC News War Correspondent Jacket and Cap 00227
    NBC News War Correspondent Jacket and Cap 00319

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 am