IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woodland BDU modified uniforms

nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3320

Woodland BDU modified uniforms Empty Woodland BDU modified uniforms

Post by nkomo Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:29 pm

The next two sets I will post are woodland BDU's. Woodland BDU's are probably the most common of all modified jackets to find. I have more of them in my collection than I do any of the other patterns. These were very common in the mid 1980's up until fairly recently. These type jackets would have been used by US Army SF, USMC Force Recon, USMC Recon, US Navy SEAL's, and USAF Special Forces.

Most often, the pockets will have velcro on the sleeve pockets and velcro over the chest pockets as well. Sometimes, you will find glint tape still attached (usually sewn with an X stitch) to the sleeve pockets.

Woodland BDU modified uniforms Post-536
    Woodland BDU modified uniforms Post-537

ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3320

Woodland BDU modified uniforms Empty Re: Woodland BDU modified uniforms

Post by nkomo Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:30 pm

I am including this set because of the unusual collar closure that was added. I have never found another one like this. It just goes to show you that these jackets can be very personalized.

Woodland BDU modified uniforms Post-538
    Woodland BDU modified uniforms Post-539

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 pm