IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Early ANA Woodland Camouflage Uniform

nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Early ANA Woodland Camouflage Uniform Empty Early ANA Woodland Camouflage Uniform

Post by nkomo Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:20 pm

I have had this early ANA woodland uniform since 2003 or 2004. It has been stored in a tote box and recently found it while relocating my collection.

This appears to be a Chinese made woodland uniform that was used early on by the fledgling Afghan National Army. Uniform has no manufacturer stamps or marks anywhere I can see. Pockets are held down by cheap velcro. Uniform material is very thin and is ov very poor quality.

Two slits have been cut into the shirt for the Afghan jump wings to be placed on. Wings are held on by a piece of plastic coated wire.

Pants have two hip pockets and one thigh pocket.

Cap is a standard Afghan design. It has a gold ANA badge attached to the front.

Early ANA Woodland Camouflage Uniform 00140
    Early ANA Woodland Camouflage Uniform 00239

Cap

Early ANA Woodland Camouflage Uniform 00333
    Early ANA Woodland Camouflage Uniform 00427
    Early ANA Woodland Camouflage Uniform 00523

Pants

Early ANA Woodland Camouflage Uniform 00620

ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Early ANA Woodland Camouflage Uniform Empty Re: Early ANA Woodland Camouflage Uniform

Post by nkomo Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:27 pm

There is a possiblity that this set may actually pre-date the ANA and could have been used by the Taliban. Was this pattern used by the fledgling ANA? Good possiblity, as the fledgling ANA was using any uniform they could possibly find.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:19 am