Brigade Nord Recon Squadron Patch

    Share
    avatar
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 48
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Brigade Nord Recon Squadron Patch

    Post by Easy Gee on Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:26 am

    Guy's, Brigade Nord Recon Squadron patch.
    There appears to be very little info on the web regarding this SF unit,therefore
    I wonder if my fellow Norwegian collectors can shed some more light on this unit?


    avatar
    NorBn
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Location : Norway
    Registration date : 2009-02-27
    Number of posts : 280

    Re: Brigade Nord Recon Squadron Patch

    Post by NorBn on Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:04 pm

    Traditionally an armored unit and I believe they still they wear the black beret. It was a unit in the Intelligence Bn/ Brigade North and the forerunner for todays Long Recon Squadron in the Intelligence Bn.
    avatar
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 48
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: Brigade Nord Recon Squadron Patch

    Post by Easy Gee on Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:53 pm

    NorBn wrote:Traditionally an armored unit and I believe they still they wear the black beret. It was a unit in the Intelligence Bn/ Brigade North and the forerunner for todays Long Recon Squadron in the Intelligence Bn.


    Thanks for looking Norbn, I really appreciate your input and information, are you aware of any Norwegian sites that I could visit to gain even more information?

    Thanks again.

    Gary Wink
    avatar
    NorBn
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Location : Norway
    Registration date : 2009-02-27
    Number of posts : 280

    Re: Brigade Nord Recon Squadron Patch

    Post by NorBn on Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:29 pm

    Some information can be found on the armed Forces site
    http://mil.no/Pages/default.aspx

    On patches there is one really good one:
    http://home.online.no/~hyttervi/homepage_patches/index.htm

    Parts of the site is in Norwegian and some in English, but it's pretty easy to navigate around and see this great collection of patches.

    msgt norway
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Age : 43
    Location : norway
    Registration date : 2012-03-06
    Number of posts : 100

    Re: Brigade Nord Recon Squadron Patch

    Post by msgt norway on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:22 am

    yes they still use the black beret.

    the unit is located at camp setermoen today,but have changed name and patch.

    they operate under specops,i dont have the patchs from this unit
    but it have a spider in the patch.
    as norbn wrote they collect information for the cavalry and artilery
    and they are part of the armor/tank units.

    cheers ken,norway
    avatar
    NorBn
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Location : Norway
    Registration date : 2009-02-27
    Number of posts : 280

    Re: Brigade Nord Recon Squadron Patch

    Post by NorBn on Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:14 am

    Yes, they moved to Setermoen in 1994 after being stationed in Skjold Garrison for years. Traditionally the unit had a number of different vehicles and operated mostly along roads, but the platoon with armored vehicles (NM135, Norwegian version of the M113) was disbanded in 1988. The long range recon squadron of today operates mainly on foot and under the ISTAR concept.
    avatar
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 48
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: Brigade Nord Recon Squadron Patch

    Post by Easy Gee on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:34 am

    NorBn wrote:Some information can be found on the armed Forces site
    http://mil.no/Pages/default.aspx

    On patches there is one really good one:
    http://home.online.no/~hyttervi/homepage_patches/index.htm

    Parts of the site is in Norwegian and some in English, but it's pretty easy to navigate around and see this great collection of patches.



    Excellent, I will check these websites out, again thanks for your input,most appreciated Mate Very Happy
    avatar
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 48
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: Brigade Nord Recon Squadron Patch

    Post by Easy Gee on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:35 am

    msgt norway wrote:yes they still use the black beret.

    the unit is located at camp setermoen today,but have changed name and patch.

    they operate under specops,i dont have the patchs from this unit
    but it have a spider in the patch.
    as norbn wrote they collect information for the cavalry and artilery
    and they are part of the armor/tank units.

    cheers ken,norway


    Thanks for looking and for your comments and information Ken,great Very Happy

    sonny

    Location : usa
    Registration date : 2017-09-25
    Number of posts : 1

    trained with them 1978

    Post by sonny on Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:01 pm

    Easy Gee wrote:Guy's, Brigade Nord Recon Squadron patch.
    There appears to be very little info on the web regarding this SF unit,therefore
    I wonder if my fellow Norwegian collectors can shed some more light on this unit?


    I trained with them at Skjold in 1978 when I was with 2d Recon Bn. 2d MarDiv, USMC. at the time, they didn't have that patch. They had a pin of the hawk, sword and lightning bolt with the motto "Ser Alt Altid" which I was told meant see everything always. They were part of the cavalry and wore a blue beret. At the time I was there, it was winter. We skied everywhere. They would use light apc's and horses for the terrain that was too rough for the apc's. They also had snowshoes for the horses, which as a horseman myself, I thought that cool. I believe they referred to themselves as the Oppklaringeskadron.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Brigade Nord Recon Squadron Patch

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:21 pm