IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
edstorey
elvis3006
6 posters

Experimental CDN Army helmet worth ?

elvis3006

Registration date : 2013-02-04
    Number of posts : 4

Experimental CDN Army helmet worth ? Empty Experimental CDN Army helmet worth ?

Post by elvis3006 Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:12 pm

Curious as to what this might be worth? I have an experimental Canadian Army helmet made by the Barrday Co. of Cambridge ON, the Army trialed these helmets between 1989 to 1992. Anyone know its worth or who might be interested in it ? Thank you.Experimental CDN Army helmet worth ? 00111Experimental CDN Army helmet worth ? 00211Experimental CDN Army helmet worth ? 00411Experimental CDN Army helmet worth ? 00511Experimental CDN Army helmet worth ? 00611Experimental CDN Army helmet worth ? 00711
    edstorey
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2012-05-27
    Number of posts : 138

Experimental CDN Army helmet worth ? Empty Barrday

Post by edstorey Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:01 pm

I'd be interested in purchasing it. Contact me offline at edstorey@hotmail.com
    elvis3006

Registration date : 2013-02-04
    Number of posts : 4

Experimental CDN Army helmet worth ? Empty Re: Experimental CDN Army helmet worth ?

Post by elvis3006 Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:06 pm

Hi, PM sent.
    Tyler Flint
    Tyler Flint
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Username is the same hahahaha
    Registration date : 2011-11-14
    Number of posts : 296

Experimental CDN Army helmet worth ? Empty Re: Experimental CDN Army helmet worth ?

Post by Tyler Flint Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:26 pm

I read abit about theese helmets on the MP Museum's website. Thats the only time I have ever heard of them. I'd love to get my hands on one someday but would appreciate any info/pictures folks have of theese in use.
    edstorey
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2012-05-27
    Number of posts : 138

Experimental CDN Army helmet worth ? Empty Barrday Helmet

Post by edstorey Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:57 pm

Here is one of the trials images.

Experimental CDN Army helmet worth ? 4da79936-a78b-471a-a60b-f7d6d4419f5f_zpsbe83867d
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:35 pm

Looks like a young Dave Thomas! What a hoser Very Happy

Steve
    Mk1rceme
    Mk1rceme
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Dale
    Registration date : 2009-11-22
    Number of posts : 345

Post by Mk1rceme Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:30 pm

Reminds me of Frank Burns...no chin. lol!
    Tyler Flint
    Tyler Flint
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Username is the same hahahaha
    Registration date : 2011-11-14
    Number of posts : 296

Post by Tyler Flint Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:26 pm

Lol! Nice comparison Dale! As for that photo.. wow! I wish more like theese were online. Your all well aware of my love for pre-CADPAT CF Photos.
    Spañiard
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-04-19
    Number of posts : 96

Post by Spañiard Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:41 pm

Barrday Helmet

By the early 1980s, the M1 helmet had been in general issue for over 20 years, and a replacement was needed. With the development of impact resistant materials such as Kevlar, most major armies were testing new helmet materials and designs. Canada trialled several patterns of helmet, notably the American PASGT and a French pattern (the F2). The PASGT saw some limited use by Canadians on peacekeeping tours in the 1990s. A modified version of the French helmet design was produced by the Barrday company in Ontario for user trials and testing. Several thousand of these helmets were produced between 1988 and 1990. Although several variants were made it was not adopted as standard, but is worn by some civilian police forces. The general design was considered acceptable with modifications, and it was similar to the final approved helmet, the CG634.

Experimental CDN Army helmet worth ? Barrda10

http://www.mpmuseum.org/securhelmet.html

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 am