IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Anyone heard of this manufacturer?

elssilver
    elssilver
    Corporal
    Corporal

Name : Aidan
    Registration date : 2013-12-28
    Number of posts : 12

Anyone heard of this manufacturer? Empty Anyone heard of this manufacturer?

Post by elssilver Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:45 pm

Hi guys, has anyone heard of the manufacturer " Quality Apparel" ? I got a pair of digital camo pants from a friend of mine, and I'm not sure if its real or not. I don't have it with me right now so I can't upload any pics
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Anyone heard of this manufacturer? Empty Re: Anyone heard of this manufacturer?

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:48 pm

There are many, many legitimate contractors of US military clothing. Some of them are extremely small and only made one run of one type of clothing. Others specialize in a specific type of clothing, still others are more generalized. Some also make commercial items as well as genuine items.

What this means is that the manufacturer name is not a good indicator of authenticity. What you want to look for is the contract number that starts with letters and numbers. Do not confuse this with the NSN number which starts with numbers.

That said, I think I have seen items by this company.

Steve
    elssilver
    elssilver
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by elssilver Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:37 am

Thanks Steve, I'll have a look when I have it with me
    elssilver
    elssilver
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by elssilver Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:46 pm

For some reason I can't upload any pics. Side pockets have traingular flaps to close them, the buttons for the flaps are like pop buttons ( like on some webbing). The cargo pockets have rectangular flaps with the same buttons. The 2 pockets on the back of the pants also have triangular flaps with the same buttons. This makes me believe its fake. I understand with out pics its really difficult to say whether its fake or not, but does description sound fake?
    Philip
    Philip
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 3117

Post by Philip Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:33 am

I think I know it too. IIRC all items I've had in my hands so far were commercial.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 pm