IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Please help me identify these trousers.

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Please help me identify these trousers. Empty Please help me identify these trousers.

Post by Easy Gee Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:24 am

Hi all, I found these in one of my storage boxes, and I have no idea what nation they originate from ???

All the pockets are velcroed, the waist has little adjustment tabs and the bottoms are elasticated,Having searched the web to no avail, I would greatly appreciate any assistance to id these,thanks for looking. Gary.

Please help me identify these trousers. 00115
    Please help me identify these trousers. 00516
    Please help me identify these trousers. 00214
    Please help me identify these trousers. 00315
    Please help me identify these trousers. 00412
    Please help me identify these trousers. 00813Please help me identify these trousers. 00616
    Please help me identify these trousers. 00716
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2771

Please help me identify these trousers. Empty Re: Please help me identify these trousers.

Post by ripcord Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:47 am

Spanish ????

rip....
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Please help me identify these trousers. Empty Re: Please help me identify these trousers.

Post by Easy Gee Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:38 pm

ripcord wrote:Spanish ????

rip....

Excellent quick reply rip,many thanks I will check this out Cool 
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:01 pm

Absolutely Spanish Very Happy

I'm a little unsure about the variants, as there are a couple in this color, but I think this is a standard mid 1980s piece just before going to camouflage (~1986)

Steve
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:00 pm

CollectinSteve wrote:Absolutely Spanish Very Happy

I'm a little unsure about the variants, as there are a couple in this color, but I think this is a standard mid 1980s piece just before going to camouflage (~1986)

Steve

Thank you Steve for the confirmation, I did a bit of searching this afternoon, and found a pair online classed as M-68, really not sure one way or the other, but mid 80's is cool, as I have a Spanish OTAN jacket which I might be able to match these trousers too.

Great input and information rip and steve, cheers fella's Very Happy 
    bravo_2_zero
    bravo_2_zero
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Registration date : 2009-04-16
    Number of posts : 812

Post by bravo_2_zero Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:55 pm

The amazing spanish disintegrating trousers, I a pair from Altea market in camo but same cut and they fell apart with in a week on simple non combat wear. The reinforced butt came apart and looked liked I was getting rear ended by a huge gay moth !!!!
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Post by CollectinSteve Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:57 pm

Yeah, the stitch quality wasn't the best sometimes Very Happy

Yup, M-68.  The earlier ones were nicknamed "Garbanzo" because of their color being similar to the bean.  At some point the color became more olive, but I don't know when.  In 1984 the uniform changed to what they call "OTAN" (NATO).  Similar in style, though distinctly different.  The easiest one to notice is the buttons are hidden on the leg pockets instead of exposed.  The color is similar to yours.

Soldiers very often replaced the buttons on M-68 uniforms with velcro.  I haven't seen the fly of trousers done before, though.  Usually it's the pocket flaps and the shirt front.

There is also a version specific for Paraciadistas (Airborne) for parade use. And another one which I think might also be Paraciadista parade, but earlier.

Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:15 am