IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

M29 Jacket+Para Trousers? Unissued,No markings/stamps though??

Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

M29 Jacket+Para Trousers? Unissued,No markings/stamps though?? Empty M29 Jacket+Para Trousers? Unissued,No markings/stamps though??

Post by Gulf91 Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:32 pm

Both appear to be unissued but cannot find any markings or stamps etc?

M29 Jacket+Para Trousers? Unissued,No markings/stamps though?? DSCF0004_zpsf8e0d3b9

M29 Jacket+Para Trousers? Unissued,No markings/stamps though?? DSCF0003_zpsbe42d161

M29 Jacket+Para Trousers? Unissued,No markings/stamps though?? DSCF0005_zps7843ea4d

M29 Jacket+Para Trousers? Unissued,No markings/stamps though?? DSCF0006_zpsc021eb08

M29 Jacket+Para Trousers? Unissued,No markings/stamps though?? DSCF0007_zpsacc25a90

ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2771

M29 Jacket+Para Trousers? Unissued,No markings/stamps though?? Empty Re: M29 Jacket+Para Trousers? Unissued,No markings/stamps though??

Post by ripcord Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:58 pm

Nice clean pieces,

There should be some sort of markings on the inside of the top somewhere...

The trousers are scarce paratrooper trousers, the top is a general issue shirt/jacket.

Finding  correct matching trousers for the general issue top should be easy enough,
    finding a matching para top will be more challenging, if you care about having matching sets..

Good score....both pieces look to be in new/unissued conditions... cheers 

rip....
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

M29 Jacket+Para Trousers? Unissued,No markings/stamps though?? Empty Re: M29 Jacket+Para Trousers? Unissued,No markings/stamps though??

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:00 am

One of my favorites. I actually have a really beat up set of airborne trousers I wear doing construction work. The padded knees are a nice feature for that sort of work.

I've handled a dozen or so full uniforms and found very few of the regular issue had markings, but the airborne type generally had labels. Some of the regular issue ones do have ink stamps on them that provide a date. Good to see the army stars are still attached. Usually they are missing.

The regular issue consisted of jacket with button on hood and trousers with suspenders (sewn or buttoned on). The trousers are over trousers with pass through pockets. I use a set for camping and other times when I need something warmer for night that I can wear over shorts.

The resale value of these is depressingly low. I tried selling a set last year on eBay and several relistings went nowhere even at $45 for a great condition set with hood. IIRC I gave it away.

The airborne type is quite hard to find, but for a little while Sportsmans Guide had "used" sets. I bought 3 sets from them and 2 were unissued. Needless to say I was pleased Very Happy I kept the two unissued ones because the colors are very different from each other.

Steve
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Post by Gulf91 Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:51 am

These can go if anybody has any use for them or is interested.

Thanks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:47 pm