IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

can anyone identify the mold mark in a Vietnam type M1 helmet liner?

bolo
    bolo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2009-09-23
    Number of posts : 76

can anyone identify the mold mark in a Vietnam type M1 helmet liner? Empty can anyone identify the mold mark in a Vietnam type M1 helmet liner?

Post by bolo Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:26 pm

I have a helmet liner that looks identical to a standard 1960's US Vietnam era helmet liner, but the mold mark is unusual? has the mold mark MIX

anybody have a clue what country produced this liner? can you identify the country that used that mold mark?
    bolo
    bolo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

can anyone identify the mold mark in a Vietnam type M1 helmet liner? Empty Re: can anyone identify the mold mark in a Vietnam type M1 helmet liner?

Post by bolo Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:18 pm

my guess is Belgium because it came with a Belgium steel shell and the aging matches on both pieces
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

can anyone identify the mold mark in a Vietnam type M1 helmet liner? Empty Re: can anyone identify the mold mark in a Vietnam type M1 helmet liner?

Post by Gulf91 Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:22 am

Few pics might help.
    loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Name : Graham
    Registration date : 2010-08-11
    Number of posts : 919

Post by loski Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:06 am

Belgain Liners usualy have an ABL mark in the Crown.
    bolo
    bolo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by bolo Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:24 am

try these, I posted photos on another forum

posted by battlegear post #23 and #33

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/world-steel-helmets/belgium-m-51-a-317718-3/

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/world-steel-helmets/belgium-m-51-a-317718-4/#post1282687
    bolo
    bolo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by bolo Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:58 pm

it may even be a liner made by Argentina? possibly a helmet set used in the Falklands war?
    loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Post by loski Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:27 pm

I dont think your liner is Belgain as I think the Belgains only used the WWII style suspension unit not the later cross over suspension
    below a photo of a Belgain liner.

can anyone identify the mold mark in a Vietnam type M1 helmet liner? Images_zps733c9ec2

Something to look for some Argie made helmets and liners have a FM mark in them.

the link below has some info on argie M1s
    http://www.cascoscoleccion.com/argentin/argm1.htm
    Graham
    bolo
    bolo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by bolo Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:25 am

I think it was used by the Argentine army, they do use a Vietnam style liner like mine.

it looks identical to the one I saw on ebay with a Argentine flag painted on it, except without the flag
    loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Post by loski Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:26 am

I think the Argies used US supplied liners with Riddle type suspension and local made crossover type as far as Im aware the only mold markings on locally made liners are FM (Fabricacions Militares) or they are unmarked, MIX is not one I have seen but there were a lot of M1 clones.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 pm