Well if you count different velcro panels, pockets and fabric used there could be quite a lot of versions (I am talking only about woodland colour):1) summer uniform - made from 100% cotton (not so common I have seen only one with straight pockets and square velcro)
all year uniforms in two different fabrics used
50% cotton, 49% polyester 1% elastane or 56% cotton, 43% polyester and 1% elastane which with all combinations should go like this:
2) 50/49/1 straight pockets, square velcro
3) 50/49/1 straight pockets, rectangular velcro
4) 50/49/1 slanted pockets, square velcro
5) 50/49/1 slanted pockets, rectangular velcro
6) 56/43/1 straight pockets, square velcro
7) 56/43/1 straight pockets, rectangular velcro
56/43/1 slanted pockets, square velcro9) 56/43/1 slanted pockets, rectangular velcro10) and the last uniform would be one made for army tests made from 50% aramid and 50 % lycra
if I recall it correctly. It has quite different cut than issue items. I will post some photos later.
I will go through my photo archive to mark in bold which above versions I have seen because I am not sure if all these combinations do really exist. Also it would be nice if members would mark which version do they have, possibly also with the year from acceptance stamps if available.