IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Ripstop Jigsaw Elasticated Helmet Cover.

Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Ripstop Jigsaw Elasticated Helmet Cover. Empty Ripstop Jigsaw Elasticated Helmet Cover.

Post by Gulf91 Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:45 am

Apologies for no pics,camera is playing up,hope its just the cable that is dodgy(have a new one on the way).

Have recently bought a lightweight ripstop cover that has an elasticated edge and one velcro strap to the rear.

Label is white nylon type material and has the following details printed on it--

BIMEXCO NV
    POLYESTER/KATOEN
    COTTON POLYESTER
    OD1314
    8415-90-003-9026
    HELMOVERTREK/COUVER CASQUE
    LARGE

Any ideas please?

Thanks
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2014-01-18
    Number of posts : 1395

Ripstop Jigsaw Elasticated Helmet Cover. Empty Re: Ripstop Jigsaw Elasticated Helmet Cover.

Post by Wolverine Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:53 pm

I don't think I have seen any Belgian-issue ripstop covers for the composite helmet, and there are usually three velcro tabs. Also, I don't think that '90' represents any country in the NSN country code system.
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Ripstop Jigsaw Elasticated Helmet Cover. Empty Re: Ripstop Jigsaw Elasticated Helmet Cover.

Post by Gulf91 Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:02 pm

Interesting Andrew.

Will try to post pics up when the new cable arrives(praying its the cable and not the camera).
    thunderchild
    thunderchild
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2013-04-21
    Number of posts : 344

Post by thunderchild Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:21 pm

is there any remnants of the two frontal velcro tabs or was it designed with only the one
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:38 pm

Kill me now please.

Of course there are another 2 tabs either side-HOW on earth didnt I see them?? Am seriosuly losing the plot I think!!!
    thunderchild
    thunderchild
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2013-04-21
    Number of posts : 344

Post by thunderchild Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:27 pm

not to worry ,they tuck up out of the way easy enough ,i just thought it a bit strange ,i dont think my example is rip stop though Ripstop Jigsaw Elasticated Helmet Cover. 100_2615Ripstop Jigsaw Elasticated Helmet Cover. 100_2668
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:39 pm

I've also never seen a helmet cover in ripstop before. However, I've been continually surprised NOT to see one, so maybe they started making them?

Steve
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:07 am

Fingers crossed camera cable will arrive today(and that its and not the camera that is the problem) and I can post up some pics.
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:16 am

Ripstop Jigsaw Elasticated Helmet Cover. Belgian%20Ripstop%20Cover%20001_zpsmrpjpytn

Ripstop Jigsaw Elasticated Helmet Cover. Belgian%20Ripstop%20Cover%20002_zpsnjtbt1jv

Ripstop Jigsaw Elasticated Helmet Cover. Belgian%20Ripstop%20Cover%20003_zpskxxfuez9

Ripstop Jigsaw Elasticated Helmet Cover. Belgian%20Ripstop%20Cover%20004_zpshgsqnsak
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2014-01-18
    Number of posts : 1395

Post by Wolverine Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:00 pm

I cannot quite make out the label, but it looks like an aftermarket item. These, as well as other commercial jigsaw items, are commonly stocked in the Belgian surplus stores I have visited.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Post by CollectinSteve Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:19 am

Thanks for posting the pictures!

Good eye, Andrew. The label says "Large", which is not the sort of thing I'd expect to see on a Belgian item. "L" is usually what they put for Size Large.

Steve

Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:33 am

Thanks guys for the info on the cover.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:27 pm