IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

couple of questions

bond007a1
    bond007a1
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Steven
    Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Number of posts : 2099

couple of questions Empty couple of questions

Post by bond007a1 Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:05 pm

Ok...I have got 2 questions....1st off how many uniforms are the Aust. Army issued when going to say Afghanistan or Iraq?

2nd has the Australians ever utilized a 6 colour chocolate chip pattern uniform? say in the early 1990's. I have never heard of this occuring nor have I seen photos. I asked this on another forum and the response was the same...no photos...no knowledge... Can you shed any light on this fo me?

thanks
    Steven

filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

couple of questions Empty Re: couple of questions

Post by filupe Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:24 pm

1st question - not sure but I'm certain it'd be no less than two and no more than 4.

2nd question - officially: No. However ... some undoubtedly would have been used by personnel playing OpFor. These would have been private purchase as the system sometimes does not come through with OpFor uniforms when required. I myself wore a commercial choc-chip whilst playing OpFor for a number of years. US issue choc-chip is still available at the main surplus chain in this country.
    kiwipom
    kiwipom
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2009-02-15
    Number of posts : 13

Post by kiwipom Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:57 pm

I was issued four sets of dpcu's for domestic use so I'm presuming that thats the basic issue you'd get for going overseas on deployment?

I too saw some guys playing opFor in WA wearing Choc-chip, amongst other patterns, all were private purchase

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 am