IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
tlundberg1
nkomo
abomb88
7 posters

DRA Communist Democratic Republic of Afghanistan Items

abomb88
    abomb88

Name : KGB
    Registration date : 2016-08-21
    Number of posts : 7

DRA Communist Democratic Republic of Afghanistan Items Empty DRA Communist Democratic Republic of Afghanistan Items

Post by abomb88 Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:44 am

Hello everyone

I have always wondered has anyone ever come across any DRA Communist Democratic Republic of Afghanistan items or uniforms from the soviet occupation period. Haven't seen many items surface from the regime in awhile. Once had a DRA badge on a Russian cap but sold it awhile back. There must be some of that stuff stashed away somewhere.

DRA Communist Democratic Republic of Afghanistan Items Kb111
    DRA Communist Democratic Republic of Afghanistan Items 20142111
    DRA Communist Democratic Republic of Afghanistan Items 63721511
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3320

DRA Communist Democratic Republic of Afghanistan Items Empty Re: DRA Communist Democratic Republic of Afghanistan Items

Post by nkomo Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:32 am

This is a Afghan/Soviet War era wool uniform worn by the Afghan Army (DRA).  Tags have been removed.

I have another set of these with maroon/red collar tabs for the Afghan Ministry of the Interior and they have Soviet manufacturing tags.  

The set I posted here have had the tags removed, but am posting one of the tags from the above mentioned Afghan MoI set.

DRA Communist Democratic Republic of Afghanistan Items 14017810
    DRA Communist Democratic Republic of Afghanistan Items 12399510

DRA Communist Democratic Republic of Afghanistan Items Empty Re: DRA Communist Democratic Republic of Afghanistan Items

Post by abomb88 Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:19 pm

Awesome a very rare sight indeed. Is it hard coming across this stuff the Afghan communist regime related items?
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by nkomo Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:38 pm

abomb88 wrote:Awesome a very rare sight indeed. Is it hard coming across this stuff the Afghan communist regime related items?
      Thanks for the comment.  In my estimation, it is extremely hard to find DRA items.  

Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2014-04-03
    Number of posts : 392

Post by tlundberg1 Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:21 pm

Early DRA camo uniform
    DRA Communist Democratic Republic of Afghanistan Items Afghan%201980s_zpszv7ccubj
    DRA Communist Democratic Republic of Afghanistan Items Afghan%201980s%20trousers_zpsmqx5xpz9
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by nkomo Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:37 pm

WOW!!!!!!!!! Shocked

Post by abomb88 Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:50 pm

Nice you got one of those uniforms. The uniforms are the poorest quality BUT HIGHLY collectable and RARE. If some of these DRA uniforms were made in the Soviet Union there must be a warehouse in the former Soviet union with some crates long forgotten with DRA stuff. Who knows I guess DRA items were not popular under the Taliban now you can't find any

DRA Communist Democratic Republic of Afghanistan Items Cimg0612
    DRA Communist Democratic Republic of Afghanistan Items Cimg0613
    tlundberg1
    tlundberg1
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2014-04-03
    Number of posts : 392

Post by tlundberg1 Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:38 pm

nkomo wrote:WOW!!!!!!!!! Shocked

That was exactly my reaction when I found this set for sale!  It is indeed made of very poor quality material, but it appears to be unused. I doubt that very many of these have survived, since I can imagine that they would probably fall apart after much use.
    operator01

Registration date : 2013-11-15

Post by operator01 Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:38 pm

Hello!
    Not around much on the forum, but just spotted this post..
    While tracking down former Spetsnaz-locations around Kabul with my Local interpreter,
    I build many contacts who supplied me with quite some DRA insignia.
    I have problems posting images due to many poor internet-spots..
    Would anyone have an Email-adress I could sent to ?

regards,
    Chris
    drmatz
    drmatz

Name : danilo matz
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 2103

Post by drmatz Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:23 pm

another picture of the uniform
    DRA Communist Democratic Republic of Afghanistan Items Img_3311

http://picasaweb.google.com/danilomatz
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by nkomo Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:58 pm

Good Lord, Danilo!!!!

Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2010-05-19
    Number of posts : 70

Post by Crna Strela Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:39 am

Hello nkomo.
    Please, could you share some photos of the other set you have?
    The woolen one you posted is very nice, but the cut/style is different from those seen in use by Afghan Army (DRA). At least, personally I have seen photos with other kind of uniforms. Do you have maybe some ref-pics?
    The tag itself can be anything, not necessarily soviet. In fact, that style of tags has been used also in post-1991 era (in Russia and in other former USSR countries) and even nowadays.

Striker likes this post

Striker
    Striker

Name : Kamran
    Registration date : 2022-06-07
    Number of posts : 1

Post by Striker Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:25 pm

DRA forces were occasionally issued with KLMK uniforms as there is some photographic evidence of them.
    I recently got one of these uniforms but have not yet got a photo.
    They also did field mods such as sewing up the butt seams.
    DRA forces were also issued Ushankas almost exclusively without cap badges.
    You can still find the large 1980-87 style large cap badges for the officer cap fairly easily but everything else about the DRA's army seems impossible to find nowadays

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 am