IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

US WW2 Folding E Tool in non US early post war? european cover??

Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

US WW2 Folding E Tool in non US early post war? european cover?? Empty US WW2 Folding E Tool in non US early post war? european cover??

Post by Gulf91 Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:21 am

Again,cannot post pics which is a shame but took a chance on a folding e tool and cover on Ebay.

Only one pic and hardly any description but it caught my eye.

Arrived today and the E Tool itself is a very nice US 1944 dated one repainted a very dark olive green. What took my eye from the poor pics was the cover.

Is of the std style but made of poor quality,rough,sort of hessian type material,from memory only other type material I have seen is from some post war Yugo cleaning kit.

Edges are trimmed in a thick suede type leather and it closes by a brass stud secured by a keyhole shaped bit of leather.

Rear has a simple belt loop and no wire hook. No markings at all and stinks to high heaven so has been banished to the shed.

Many Thanks
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2014-01-18
    Number of posts : 1395

US WW2 Folding E Tool in non US early post war? european cover?? Empty Re: US WW2 Folding E Tool in non US early post war? european cover??

Post by Wolverine Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:20 am

The shovels turn up in Yugo stocks often. The one I have came with a leather carrier, but yours sounds like it might also be Yugo. My shovel is painted that light green colour that you see on Yugo helmets, ammunition cans, etc.
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

US WW2 Folding E Tool in non US early post war? european cover?? Empty Re: US WW2 Folding E Tool in non US early post war? european cover??

Post by Gulf91 Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:25 am

Thanks Andrew. Mine is a very dark green and not the quite vivid Yugo colour and the cover is in the US style but different materials and closure.

Just thought Yugo possibly due to the material but am probably wrong.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:17 pm