IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Bulletproof vest/Body armor used by Czechoslovakian/Czech forces in UNPROFOR mission

Legie21
    Legie21

Name : Tadeáš
    Registration date : 2017-06-08
    Number of posts : 5

Bulletproof vest/Body armor used by Czechoslovakian/Czech forces in UNPROFOR mission Empty Bulletproof vest/Body armor used by Czechoslovakian/Czech forces in UNPROFOR mission

Post by Legie21 Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:27 pm

Greetings,

Please I am really desperate. Anyone recognizing these bulletproof vests used by Czechoslovakian/Czech troops in Yugoslavia in UNPROFOR? Only what I know is that it should be some Israeli vests... but that is all what i know. I think they were used in Gulf War too... Thank you very much!

Bulletproof vest/Body armor used by Czechoslovakian/Czech forces in UNPROFOR mission 310
    Bulletproof vest/Body armor used by Czechoslovakian/Czech forces in UNPROFOR mission 710
    Bulletproof vest/Body armor used by Czechoslovakian/Czech forces in UNPROFOR mission 1010
    Bulletproof vest/Body armor used by Czechoslovakian/Czech forces in UNPROFOR mission 2610
    Bulletproof vest/Body armor used by Czechoslovakian/Czech forces in UNPROFOR mission 3010
    Bulletproof vest/Body armor used by Czechoslovakian/Czech forces in UNPROFOR mission 5110
    Bulletproof vest/Body armor used by Czechoslovakian/Czech forces in UNPROFOR mission 8910
    Bulletproof vest/Body armor used by Czechoslovakian/Czech forces in UNPROFOR mission 17498410
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Bulletproof vest/Body armor used by Czechoslovakian/Czech forces in UNPROFOR mission Empty Re: Bulletproof vest/Body armor used by Czechoslovakian/Czech forces in UNPROFOR mission

Post by CollectinSteve Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:36 pm

I'm sorry that I can't help you with the vests, but I can thank you for the interesting picture Very Happy I've never seen a UN badge with a national flag on it before! I can not imagine how rare those badges are.

Steve
    Legie21
    Legie21

Bulletproof vest/Body armor used by Czechoslovakian/Czech forces in UNPROFOR mission Empty Re: Bulletproof vest/Body armor used by Czechoslovakian/Czech forces in UNPROFOR mission

Post by Legie21 Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:12 am

CollectinSteve wrote:I'm sorry that I can't help you with the vests, but I can thank you for the interesting picture Very Happy  I've never seen a UN badge with a national flag on it before!  I can not imagine how rare those badges are.

Steve

No problém. Thanks. :-)
    Thibir
    Thibir
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2015-05-06
    Number of posts : 251

Post by Thibir Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:54 am

Ahoj,

There are at least 2 different vests used by Czechoslovak guys on photos you posted. Both can be seen on photo of 3 guys in front of UN van.

I think that in gulf war was another vest. Here is scan of some army magazine from that times. You can see that the Gulf war vest was Irisch Highmark Style HM/3.

Viac toho neviem, snažil som sa ich zohnať aj ja :-)

Bulletproof vest/Body armor used by Czechoslovakian/Czech forces in UNPROFOR mission Atom_610

Bulletproof vest/Body armor used by Czechoslovakian/Czech forces in UNPROFOR mission Atom_710
    Legie21
    Legie21

Post by Legie21 Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:49 pm

Thibir wrote:Ahoj,

There are at least 2 different vests used by Czechoslovak guys on photos you posted. Both can be seen on photo of 3 guys in front of UN van.

I think that in gulf war was another vest. Here is scan of some army magazine from that times. You can see that the Gulf war vest was Irisch Highmark Style HM/3.

Viac toho neviem, snažil som sa ich zohnať aj ja :-)

Bulletproof vest/Body armor used by Czechoslovakian/Czech forces in UNPROFOR mission Atom_610

Bulletproof vest/Body armor used by Czechoslovakian/Czech forces in UNPROFOR mission Atom_710

Díky mockrát! Slyšel jsem že jsou nesehnatelný. Já to nahradil dočasně britskou UN MK2. Ale I tak... Díky za info! Díky!
    abefroman
    abefroman
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2014-09-26
    Number of posts : 282

Post by abefroman Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:36 pm

The one with the opening down the front is made by an Israeli company. I have one at home and can post a picture if you like. It was used by Australia a great deal. The other one was used by other countries as well. I have pictures of other countries using it if you think that will help. My suspicion is that it is also Israeli though. Let me know.
    Legie21
    Legie21

Post by Legie21 Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:16 pm

abefroman wrote:The one with the opening down the front is made by an Israeli company. I have one at home and can post a picture if you like. It was used by Australia a great deal. The other one was used by other countries as well. I have pictures of other countries using it if you think that will help. My suspicion is that it is also Israeli though. Let me know.

Yes, you are right. I found that. It is a Israeli vest... don´t know name either... Could you post some pictures please? Thank you :-) !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:14 pm