IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

San Marco pants: UV-lamp for reading the inscriptions

Haydamaka
    Haydamaka
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Andy
    Registration date : 2016-02-12
    Number of posts : 2687

San Marco pants: UV-lamp for reading the inscriptions Empty San Marco pants: UV-lamp for reading the inscriptions

Post by Haydamaka Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:13 pm

Hello!

I purchased San Marco pants, but I was not sure about this purchase... The info tag was absolutely white, and one could read nothing.

This forum gave me some useful infor - thatks a lot for everyone!

And the infor provided helped me to make decision and purchase the pants.
    San Marco pants: UV-lamp for reading the inscriptions San_ma12
    San Marco pants: UV-lamp for reading the inscriptions San_ma10
    San Marco pants: UV-lamp for reading the inscriptions San_ma11
    Haydamaka
    Haydamaka
    Colonel
    Colonel

San Marco pants: UV-lamp for reading the inscriptions Empty Re: San Marco pants: UV-lamp for reading the inscriptions

Post by Haydamaka Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:18 pm

So the problem was in the "empty" white tag...

San Marco pants: UV-lamp for reading the inscriptions San_ma13

I decided to try my Ultra-Violet lamp, which I use for banknotes checking, and for old pre-WW2 stuff checking, and it was big wonder for me to learn, that the inscription became quite readable, and I managed to read the tag.

I tried to make a picture of the tag in UV-light.

San Marco pants: UV-lamp for reading the inscriptions San_ma14
    San Marco pants: UV-lamp for reading the inscriptions San_ma15

In this post I would like to share this "life-hack", maybe it will be useful for some of yours, colleagues!
    Haydamaka
    Haydamaka
    Colonel
    Colonel

San Marco pants: UV-lamp for reading the inscriptions Empty Re: San Marco pants: UV-lamp for reading the inscriptions

Post by Haydamaka Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:24 pm

Unfortunately, the photos do not show full visibility of the inscriptions, but they are much more clear than on the pics.

Some more pics with the pants...Cargo side pockets look similar to the USMC pants with those rubber for keeping the pocket's top ...

San Marco pants: UV-lamp for reading the inscriptions San_ma17

I guess these pants are quite ordinary, ...but it was interesting to find internal "pockets" for the knee-pads on the inner side of the knees areas...

San Marco pants: UV-lamp for reading the inscriptions San_ma16

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Post by CollectinSteve Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:35 am

Nicely done! The tags washing out to solid white is common. However, I am unfamiliar with these trousers. I just checked and my variations do not have this style of pocket. Perhaps it is a newer model than what I have because I think most of mine are 5+ years old.

Steve
    Haydamaka
    Haydamaka
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Haydamaka Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:55 am

Thanks, Steve!

Well, if the aforementioned pants are not so ordinary and regular, maybe it would be useful to rewrite the information from the label for the research and education purposes?

At least all the persons, interested in the peculiarities of such San Marco camou pants, could learn the manufacturer and contract name, and the structure (consequence) of the inscriptions on the tag...
    Haydamaka
    Haydamaka
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Haydamaka Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:23 pm

Well, at last I got time and inspiration to re-write here the washed-out inscriptions from the label of San Marco (or Combusin?)  pants..

Sorry for possible misspelling of not clearly seen words...

MARINA MILITARE
    R.T.I. LOVERS  S.R.I. OLGINATE (LC)
    SC LOVERS ROMANIA SA
    CONTRATTO № 1381 DEL 27/09/05

TENUTA MIMETICA
    DA COMBATTIMENTO
    TG M-52
    PANTALONE
    N.U.C.    N.P.

97% COTONE 3% ELASTOMERO

(garment care signs -  washing at 30 C, ..., warm iron)..

Any comments, opinions, ideas, pieces of advice, speculations are welcomed! Laughing
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2771

Post by ripcord Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:49 pm

Spot on !

Good detective work .

This manufacturer is well known for making woodland and desert Vegetata uniforms.

Trousers have a few minor differences from any I've seen before.

S
    Haydamaka
    Haydamaka
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Haydamaka Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:09 am

ripcord wrote: This manufacturer is well known for making woodland and desert Vegetata uniforms.
    Trousers have a few minor differences from any I've seen before.
    S

Thank you very much for your opinion!

The Italian text on the label, I believe, needs no translation - everything is clear.
    As far as I understood, these San Marco pants were manufactured in Romania by the contract № 1381 of September 27, 2005.

This info, along with the pics, could be useful for those who try to make identification of their SM pants.
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2771

Post by ripcord Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:55 pm

I am fairly certain this is the matching blouse to your SM/ COMSUBIN   trousers.

This well worn blouse has a faded label but despite the overstamp, it clearly  was manufactured by SC Lovers Romania.

San Marco pants: UV-lamp for reading the inscriptions Dscn7343

San Marco pants: UV-lamp for reading the inscriptions Dscn7410

S
    Martin
    Martin
    Captain
    Captain

Name : Martin
    Registration date : 2009-06-25
    Number of posts : 923

Post by Martin Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:12 pm

Good work! What sort of UV lamp do you have - can you post a pic of it? I bought a cheap one from China on Ebay and it was crap and fell apart...
    Haydamaka
    Haydamaka
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Haydamaka Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:41 pm

ripcord wrote:I am fairly certain this is the matching blouse to your SM/ COMSUBIN   trousers.

This well worn blouse has a faded label but despite the overstamp,  it clearly  was manufactured by SC Lovers Romania S

Sal,

Thank you very much for your help with identification of the SM pants and for the pic of matching jacket!

I'll keep it in my mind! Thanks!
    Haydamaka
    Haydamaka
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Haydamaka Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:48 pm

Martin wrote:Good work! What sort of UV lamp do you have - can you post a pic of it? I bought a cheap one from China on Ebay and it was crap and fell apart...

Hello, Martin!

Surely I can show it!

Well, the UV lamp I use is an old type lamp - purchased it in the year 2007 on a local open market of construction materials and electronics.
    It's price was about 3 times higher that an ordinary white lamp of the same type.
    It's power consumption is 11 W.
    San Marco pants: UV-lamp for reading the inscriptions Blb-0110
    San Marco pants: UV-lamp for reading the inscriptions Blb-0610

Haydamaka
    Haydamaka
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Haydamaka Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:48 pm

This lamp is called here "Black lamp" or "Lamp of black light", it is destinated for checking banknotes and old stuff, which is positioned as pre-WW2 things.
    The real things of that period show no bright small elements and are just dull, because no chemical paints and such stuff was used yet.
    San Marco pants: UV-lamp for reading the inscriptions Blb-0210
    San Marco pants: UV-lamp for reading the inscriptions Blb-0310
    Haydamaka
    Haydamaka
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Haydamaka Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:52 pm

Unfortunately, no bar-code or some identification of the manufacturer is presented on the box, even no English text.

But the lamp works fine, I do not have need to use it very often.
    But such thing as UV-lamp, in my opinion is a "must have" auxiliary device for us, collectioners! Cool Very Happy
    San Marco pants: UV-lamp for reading the inscriptions Blb-0410
    San Marco pants: UV-lamp for reading the inscriptions Blb-0510
    Haydamaka
    Haydamaka
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Haydamaka Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:57 pm

The language seems to be Portuguese, but with some spelling mistakes... Very Happy Laughing

I have no idea how it could reach local Odessa market... Cool
    Martin
    Martin
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Martin Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:25 pm

Thanks for the photos and info.

This is the one I had:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Forensics-2in1-UV-Black-Light-Detect-Invisible-Markings-Fake-Money-Scorpions/232828483430?epid=1849495524&hash=item3635a8b766%3Ag%3AVLcAAOSwwE5WbY9Y&_sop=15&_nkw=uv+forensic+light&_sacat=0&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0%7C0

Here are similar to your I think:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/36W-SUN-Professional-LED-UV-Nail-Lamp-Led-Nail-Light-Nail-Dryer-UV-Lamp-EU-US-UK/322551819603?var=511532631970&hash=item4b19962d53%3Ag%3AJkwAAOSwXXxZPl4q&_sop=15&_sacat=0&_nkw=uv+light&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0%7C0

I wonder if these would work?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Aluminum-UV-Ultra-Violet-9-LED-Flashlight-Blacklight-Torch-Light-Lamp-BK-PM/312196779353?epid=630792804&hash=item48b060cd59%3Ag%3Aj3UAAOSwXfBZgxPs&_sop=15&_sacat=0&_nkw=uv+light&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0%7C0
    Martin
    Martin
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Martin Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:26 pm

or these
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/UV-Ultra-Violet-LED-Flashlight-Blacklight-Light-395-365-nM-Inspection-Lamp-Torch/202374958092?var=502366787548&hash=item2f1e7ccc0c%3Am%3Am4a8SwgDMXdmmaYBkB6NcZw&_sop=15&_sacat=0&_nkw=uv+inspection+light&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0%7C0
    Haydamaka
    Haydamaka
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Haydamaka Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:54 pm

Hello, Martin!

Martin wrote:Thanks for the photos and info.

This is the one I had:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Forensics-2in1-UV-Black-Light-Detect-Invisible-Markings-Fake-Money-Scorpions/232828483430?epid=1849495524&hash=item3635a8b766%3Ag%3AVLcAAOSwwE5WbY9Y&_sop=15&_nkw=uv+forensic+light&_sacat=0&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0%7C0

Well, no need to comment, your tried it.  Do you have any opportunity to check and buy such lamp in your city, don't you have such shops?

Martin wrote:Here are similar to your I think:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/36W-SUN-Professional-LED-UV-Nail-Lamp-Led-Nail-Light-Nail-Dryer-UV-Lamp-EU-US-UK/322551819603?var=511532631970&hash=item4b19962d53%3Ag%3AJkwAAOSwXXxZPl4q&_sop=15&_sacat=0&_nkw=uv+light&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0%7C0

This is white lamp (mine is black) and I'm not sure this is real UV lamp. But the type is the same as mine, though mine is 11 W, and this is 9 W.

Martin wrote:I wonder if these would work?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Aluminum-UV-Ultra-Violet-9-LED-Flashlight-Blacklight-Torch-Light-Lamp-BK-PM/312196779353?epid=630792804&hash=item48b060cd59%3Ag%3Aj3UAAOSwXfBZgxPs&_sop=15&_sacat=0&_nkw=uv+light&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0%7C0

I ordered once similar torch. It was weak and didn't work properly.
    Very often Chinese dealers sell fake UV-devices, just painting the bulbs in violet-like colour similar to UV, ugly liars.....
    I am not sure about such torch.
    Haydamaka
    Haydamaka
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Haydamaka Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:56 pm

Martin wrote:or these
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/UV-Ultra-Violet-LED-Flashlight-Blacklight-Light-395-365-nM-Inspection-Lamp-Torch/202374958092?var=502366787548&hash=item2f1e7ccc0c%3Am%3Am4a8SwgDMXdmmaYBkB6NcZw&_sop=15&_sacat=0&_nkw=uv+inspection+light&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0%7C0

The demo-picture looks fine, but what is the chance to get the correctly working device?
    The reputatuion of seller says something...

Well, this deal is risky, but the price of win or fail is not so high... I can only wish you good luck! Wink
    Haydamaka
    Haydamaka
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Haydamaka Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:53 pm

Today I continued my experiments wit UV lamp and different uniform pieces.

In UV lamp light the real US UCP (ACU) combat pants were dull and non-reflective.
    A copy of UCP combat cap by Helicon Tex was shiny and bright.

So this is the minor reason why real stuff is better that all the copies.
    Real US uniform since 1984 is made non-visible in UV- and infra-red lights.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:35 am