IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform.

ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2771

Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. Empty Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform.

Post by ripcord Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:47 pm

Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. Dscn8232

Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. Dscn8233

Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. Dscn8234

Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. Dscn8313

S
    mylle
    mylle
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Name : Alex
    Registration date : 2013-10-18
    Number of posts : 2283

Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. Empty Re: Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform.

Post by mylle Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:48 pm

Nice find, I'm still struggling with me if I should get one set too....
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. Empty Re: Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform.

Post by ripcord Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:22 pm

Get one if you can.

The ripstop version is very nice. Made very well and lots of decent features.

Commercial version is a fairly sturdy non ripstop cotton. Much simpler but perfect for outdoor activities in cool weather..

Most Spanish sellers only ship internally. Have to find one willing to ship outside of Spain..

S

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:30 am

Nice grab, Rip. Interesting to see that the labels are now white on green. That's a first I've seen, as far as I can remember. Since the 1990s it's been black on white or black on green. The ones you showed are more easily read than the type on Gilles' uniform.

Steve
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by ripcord Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:06 am

Thanks Steve..

Been looking awhile and just got lucky .

I suppose the set is a newer production run. The tags are easy to read but I wish they had dates.

Funny how Gilles and me posted our sets almost simultaneausly.

S

Haydamaka
    Haydamaka
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Andy
    Registration date : 2016-02-12
    Number of posts : 2687

Post by Haydamaka Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:21 pm

Hello Sal!
    Nice set!
    Is there any any information tag on your pants?

How do you think are these pants original ones? Unfortunately, the info tags are cut off (removed)...

Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. _dsc0113
    Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. _dsc0114
    Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. _dsc0110
    Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. _dsc0111
    Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. _dsc0112

ripcord likes this post

ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by ripcord Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:47 am

Nice .. They look like the real deal to me.. I believe the trouser tags are identical to blouse.

Haydamaka
    Haydamaka
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Haydamaka Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:18 am

Thank you, Sal!
    By some reason the Spaniards decided to get rid of the back pockets, while desert pants have them.

Aside from the concern over the origin of the pattern the fit seems to be at issue as well. While this new uniform closely resembles the US ACU, apparently Spanish troops are a bit unhappy about the cut of the trousers, forcing them to go “Marcando Paquetorro”.
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by ripcord Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:10 pm

Quite welcome, Andy..

You are correct, current Spanish Desert uniforms ( both Marines and Army ) have back pockets while woodland types do not.

This is not a new development. Early uniforms ( M59s) have no back pockets while later M61s do.

M69s ( both Brown and green dominant ) also have back pockets while later M76 * do not.  

* M76 uniforms were issued mainly to Legion, but were also used by other non Legion units ( with rank insignia covering Legion embroidery on epaulettes, or embroidery being removed from epaulettes ).

M73s (early  desert ) on the other hand, have back pockets on the Army type, but not on Legion type.

I believe subsequent Spanish uniforms did not have back pockets until the current desert patterns .

AFAIK, most other European uniform trousers do not have back pockets either..
    Haydamaka
    Haydamaka
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Haydamaka Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:36 am

Thanks, Sal!
    As for me, I prefer more pockets, and backpockets too, like in the US BDU, ACU, MCCUU....

Some photos to show te Spanish uniforms about which you were talking:
    Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. 0_10e410
    Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. 0_e4f510
    Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. 0_e4f610
    Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. 0_e4f611
    Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. 0_e4f512
    Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. 35jfi410

Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. 316b0b10
    Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. 1979-c10
    Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. 1980-t10
    Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. 1985-a11
    Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. 1985-a10
    Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. 1990-010
    Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. Cartag10
    Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. Clip0010
    Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. Fotos_10
    Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. New_la10
    Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. Spain-10
    Spanish current issue woodland/temperate uniform. Spanis13

ripcord and TennoHeikaNate like this post

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Post by CollectinSteve Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:40 am

ripcord wrote:

I read this and initially thought the same thing. Then I started poking around and found it didn't hold up so well Smile Most relevant to this is Spanish Woodland patterns from the 1980s and 1990s had two rear pockets and no hand pockets. Italian M29 type airborne uniforms had the same setup, I don't remember the others. Germans have consistently had a single right rear pocket all the way back to the 1950s through to the current IdZ uniform, despite IdZ trousers having. Dutch seem to have the one right rear pocket tradition too. Czechs seemed to have two rear pockets as do Belgians for the most part. Norwegians copied the BDU cut so them as well for their camo days.

So quite a bit of variety, but I'd amend your comment to be "many other European uniform trousers don't have two rear pockets either".

Steve
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by ripcord Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:51 am

CollectinSteve wrote:
    ripcord wrote:

So quite a bit of variety, but I'd amend your comment to be "many other European uniform trousers don't have two rear pockets either".

Steve

I concur. Most is not as accurate as Many..
    mylle
    mylle
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Name : Alex
    Registration date : 2013-10-18
    Number of posts : 2283

Post by mylle Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:24 pm

Austrians still dont have them. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:00 pm