IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Advice on "Ops Vests"

milly66
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2019-08-11
    Number of posts : 51

Advice on "Ops Vests" Empty Advice on "Ops Vests"

Post by milly66 Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:15 am

Hello to all.
    This is my first posting here. An Englishman in the Netherlands collecting "Cold War" gear, and as usual that collecting bug moves into other eras. I am now moving out of my comfort zone into Dutch M93 Ops-vests and the newer Molle type vests plus pouches/tasjes, collecting these when available.
    First question is... There is a belt for the M93 vest, is there one for the Molle vest? Next...There is a "Holy Grail" of M93 vests from KLU. How often do these occur and were pouches/tasjes made in green for these? The 35 litre pack that has the round bag attached, I have this in desert and woodland, was this available in KLU green?
    Enough questions for now. I will try to upload pics later of the items in question.
    Your advice would be really helpful.
    Thanks in advance.
    Kevin
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2014-01-18
    Number of posts : 1395

Advice on "Ops Vests" Empty Re: Advice on "Ops Vests"

Post by Wolverine Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:17 am

I think that the rucksack exists in KLU green. I do not know how many other parts from M93 were made in green but such pieces are quite uncommon in my experience.
    milly66
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by milly66 Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:27 pm

Something to keep my eyes open for then. Also i noticed that the green Molle vests do not have an internal pistol holster. As for the belts, i now have 3 different sorts, 1 i know is from the so called M93 vest, the other 2 are Dutch but no maklings and different from the first/each other. Cold war collecting was simple, this DPM, as i call it, gear gets really complicated and varied very quickly, sometimes due to lack of markings, other times due to lack of my knowledge.
    Kevin.
    milly66
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by milly66 Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:36 am

Hi all,
    1 thing i have noticed is that Green Molle Vests are described on the label as Forest. Did KM recieve green vests and KL and KLU recieve Woodland?
    Adding to that, if KM had green vests, what did they use as a pistol holster?....The older M93 type?
    Regards Kevin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:37 pm