IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Difficulty in finding DCU M-65 foto's

Bert353
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2018-02-03
    Number of posts : 93

Difficulty in finding DCU M-65 foto's Empty Difficulty in finding DCU M-65 foto's

Post by Bert353 Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:45 pm

I assume in this theatre of operations DCU M-65 were also issued?
    I have difficulty in finding foto's where soldiers were wearing them?
    can someone help me, please?

stayalert likes this post

Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2014-01-18
    Number of posts : 1395

Difficulty in finding DCU M-65 foto's Empty Re: Difficulty in finding DCU M-65 foto's

Post by Wolverine Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:34 am

I have come across quite a few DCU M65s that have patches and name tapes, so they were used. Here is one example. Notice the theatre-made tapes:
    Difficulty in finding DCU M-65 foto's Dla10011Difficulty in finding DCU M-65 foto's Dla10010

stayalert likes this post

Bert353
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2018-02-03
    Number of posts : 93

Difficulty in finding DCU M-65 foto's Empty Re: Difficulty in finding DCU M-65 foto's

Post by Bert353 Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:19 am

That's a nice one, and still from the old cut, Mk1 or whatever they call that?

There was sometimes a modification where they deleted these "flaps" at the wrist, and at the same time they changed the pointy tab to narrow the sleeve around the wrist to a square one.

Why they did that????

when you see the M-65 in universal camo they are all like the modified, to my knowledge
    Antimedic
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2020-08-20
    Number of posts : 26

Post by Antimedic Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:24 am

I was issued 2 of these for my second trip to OIF. I fully patched them, stuck them in the bottom of my duffel bag, and never saw them again until a few years ago when I gave one to my middle son when he was in high school. I never wore either myself. I'm pretty sure that was commonplace, at least among combat formations. Instead of using a heavy coat, we'd layer up. For example, when outside the wire in winter '04-'05 I wore t-shirt and boxers, DCU, and Nomex flight suit when it got cold. I spent almost all of my waking hours outside the wire. When I was on a FOB (maybe to hit the PX for toothpaste or soap), I'd leave the Nomex in the HMMWV and pull on my field jacket liner under my DCU shirt.

Necropoosting is FUN!

ripcord and stayalert like this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:09 pm