IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Knip Hier" Lift The Dot Entrenching tool pouches .

Antarmike
    Antarmike
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Mike Fincher
    Registration date : 2016-12-07
    Number of posts : 399

"Knip Hier" Lift The Dot  Entrenching tool pouches .     Empty "Knip Hier" Lift The Dot Entrenching tool pouches .

Post by Antarmike Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:02 pm

I Have just bought some Ebay ABL Entrenching tool pouches (Job lot of 5)

I am surprised to see the Lift the Dot fasteners on all of them bears the Legend "Knip Hier"  I was expecting to see the normal "FIX" brand markings.

I thought that Knip Hier was a sign that a pouch was Dutch?  (In fact I sold on a water bottle cover that I bought as Belgian, but was then advised it was Dutch because of the "Knip Hier" L.T.D. faster.  I now feel that could have been bum advice, and I should have kept the Water Bottle carrier.)

The five tool holders that arrived today are by three different manufacturers, all are marked intenally ABL, and I have a spread of dates, but they all have "Knip Hier" fasteners.  It appears that what I was told about "Knip Heir" indicating MvO pouch closures was wrong.  Pity I let that water bottle cover go, it probably was Belgian afterall.

"Knip Hier" Lift The Dot  Entrenching tool pouches .     DSCF7416
    "Knip Hier" Lift The Dot  Entrenching tool pouches .     DSCF7417
    "Knip Hier" Lift The Dot  Entrenching tool pouches .     DSCF7406
    "Knip Hier" Lift The Dot  Entrenching tool pouches .     DSCF7407
    "Knip Hier" Lift The Dot  Entrenching tool pouches .     DSCF7408
    "Knip Hier" Lift The Dot  Entrenching tool pouches .     DSCF7409
    "Knip Hier" Lift The Dot  Entrenching tool pouches .     DSCF7410
    "Knip Hier" Lift The Dot  Entrenching tool pouches .     DSCF7411
    "Knip Hier" Lift The Dot  Entrenching tool pouches .     DSCF7412
    "Knip Hier" Lift The Dot  Entrenching tool pouches .     DSCF7413
    "Knip Hier" Lift The Dot  Entrenching tool pouches .     DSCF7414
    "Knip Hier" Lift The Dot  Entrenching tool pouches .     DSCF7415

There is considerable variation in shape, position of belt loop, and strap and buckle length. between the three manufacturers.  One pouch by VOLH has a bronzy finish to the L.T.D. fastener, the other four are black.
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2014-01-18
    Number of posts : 1322

"Knip Hier" Lift The Dot  Entrenching tool pouches .     Empty Re: "Knip Hier" Lift The Dot Entrenching tool pouches .

Post by Wolverine Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:07 pm

Mike, I don't know of any ABL waterbottle carriers that use LTD fasteners. But as far as I am aware, the KNIP HIER fasteners can appear on Belgian or Dutch equipment. The fasteners may have been manufactured in the Netherlands and supplied to a textiles factory that made webbing equipment in Belgium. (Not all components on a piece of kit necessarily are sourced in the country of origin.) It is also possible that some of the Belgian webbing was made in Dutch factories. Since we know so little about the manufacturer initials on most Belgian kit, anything seems possible at this point.

One thing for sure, there is quite wide variety of detail in these shovel carriers, including US covers that were reworked for Belgian issue, as well as carriers made from repurposed British canvas.

Current date/time is Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:30 pm