IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Colombian Comando de Infanteria de Marina first type digital

deltaevo978
    deltaevo978
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2012-04-13
    Number of posts : 206

Colombian Comando de Infanteria de Marina first type digital Empty Colombian Comando de Infanteria de Marina first type digital

Post by deltaevo978 Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:45 am

First type of digital camo (2015)

Colombian Comando de Infanteria de Marina first type digital Img_4810
    Colombian Comando de Infanteria de Marina first type digital Img_4811
    deltaevo978
    deltaevo978
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2012-04-13
    Number of posts : 206

Colombian Comando de Infanteria de Marina first type digital Empty Re: Colombian Comando de Infanteria de Marina first type digital

Post by deltaevo978 Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:46 am

Colombian Comando de Infanteria de Marina first type digital Img_4813
    Colombian Comando de Infanteria de Marina first type digital Img_4814
    Colombian Comando de Infanteria de Marina first type digital Img_4812

jimmyduncan23, ripcord, TennoHeikaNate, tlundberg1 and Sanglier like this post

Sanglier
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2022-08-03
    Number of posts : 34

Colombian Comando de Infanteria de Marina first type digital Empty Re: Colombian Comando de Infanteria de Marina first type digital

Post by Sanglier Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:38 pm

Such an interesting pattern! I like how the white diagonal crosshatch lines are almost exactly the same width as the individual threads, so that they look like they are woven into the fabric, which obviously couldn't have been the case given that it's a plain-woven ripstop fabric and not some fancy 3-way basket weave or Jacquard weave.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6946

Post by CollectinSteve Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:36 pm

I also find it interesting, however this is one of the few times I have also felt myself saying "ugly!".

Steve
    Sanglier
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Sanglier Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:52 pm

Ugly? Steve, this is the first and only camo pattern in the world sexy enough and self-confident enough to wear fishnet stockings! Very Happy

deltaevo978 likes this post

ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2820

Post by ripcord Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:19 pm

Sanglier wrote:Ugly? Steve, this is the first and only camo pattern in the world sexy enough and self-confident enough to wear fishnet stockings!  Very Happy

I absolutely love it, not ugly at all to me, but not the first to wear fishnet.. Very Happy

Colombian Comando de Infanteria de Marina first type digital Dscn8410

Colombian Comando de Infanteria de Marina first type digital Dscn7414

jimmyduncan23, TennoHeikaNate and Sanglier like this post

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6946

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:58 pm

Heh. Well, as someone who thinks Czech Salamander is "beautiful" it's really something for me to think of a pattern as "ugly". Maybe it's partly because I'm tired of seeing digital variants?

Regardless, if I was still collecting South American uniforms I would be trying very hard to get one of these! So ugly or not, I love it Smile

Steve

jimmyduncan23, ripcord and Sanglier like this post

mylle
    mylle
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Name : Alex
    Registration date : 2013-10-18
    Number of posts : 2302

Post by mylle Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:13 am

Its called paintfactory-explosion camo. Just to remember Very Happy.
    Very funky colombian camo.

ripcord likes this post

Sanglier
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Sanglier Fri Jul 05, 2024 3:55 pm

Since fishnet stockings do not spontaneously arise in nature, I am wondering whether the designers were actually attempting to create a scaly look with those fine lines. From a medium distance, the pattern does hint at a rather lizard-skin like texture, certainly way more so than the French "lizard" pattern and its derivatives.

So, skink sí, skank no! Very Happy

From the nice photo of the uninterrupted pattern on the back of the Fuerza Aerea uniform above, one can also see that these lines are straight in most sections but wavy in others (I don't think these are caused by wrinkles in the fabric, because they are repeated on the corresponding features in the adjacent block). Why did they bother?

Just like on some other patterns, the creator(s) of this pattern made small changes to a foundation cluster of shapes to create multiple subunit clusters, which are stitched together to form the full drawing block. Only here the foundation cluster is tiny, while the changes made to it are so insignificant in some of the subunit clusters that the final pattern looks rather repetitive despite the fact that the full drawing block is very large - There is actually no true vertical repeat (and barely one horizontal block) in that photo, though I can count at least a dozen pseudo-repeat clusters!  

If the objective was to create a pattern that would fit a large roller using minimal starting material, this pattern could be seen as a success. If the objective was to create a large organic pattern with as little repeat as possible, this pattern is a good illustration of the limitations of starting with a tiny foundation cluster.

Then again, actual lizard-skin patterns are very repetitive, so if that's what they were going for, top marks!

ripcord likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:34 am