IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

My Small (But growing) collection of Brit Equip/uniforms from ww1 to now

misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

My Small (But growing) collection of Brit Equip/uniforms from ww1 to now Empty My Small (But growing) collection of Brit Equip/uniforms from ww1 to now

Post by misanthropic_gods Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:00 am

Hey guys, i finally decided to get off my ass and take pics of some of my brit stuff that I have been stashing away for a few years now, finding damn DPM pants in the states (Especially in sizes that fit) is a daunting task.

I have ww1 Helmet without liner (I got it for $20)with a name scrated into the paint, and a field repair done to one of the bails (Apparently they replaced a broken one with a piece cut from a tin can)

My Small (But growing) collection of Brit Equip/uniforms from ww1 to now Ww1002

My Small (But growing) collection of Brit Equip/uniforms from ww1 to now Ww1003

A 1942 dated British made slouch hat in damn near perfect condition (found for $45)Im trying to find more info on this particular item

My Small (But growing) collection of Brit Equip/uniforms from ww1 to now Slouchhat002

My Small (But growing) collection of Brit Equip/uniforms from ww1 to now Slouchhat001

My Small (But growing) collection of Brit Equip/uniforms from ww1 to now Militaria010

A set of 1958 webbing (not pictured..it is deconstructed and strewn about my closet)

I dont know if this is a Para smock, or what. But it definately has a croth piece for airborne ops.

My Small (But growing) collection of Brit Equip/uniforms from ww1 to now DPM011

My Small (But growing) collection of Brit Equip/uniforms from ww1 to now DPM007

A set of DPM lightweight trousers

My Small (But growing) collection of Brit Equip/uniforms from ww1 to now DPM010

My Small (But growing) collection of Brit Equip/uniforms from ww1 to now DPM008

My Small (But growing) collection of Brit Equip/uniforms from ww1 to now DPM009

A Named 2 color desert DPM shirt, that has 3M retroreflectove tape sewn to it (Im assuming OIF)

My Small (But growing) collection of Brit Equip/uniforms from ww1 to now DPM001

My Small (But growing) collection of Brit Equip/uniforms from ww1 to now DPM004

My Small (But growing) collection of Brit Equip/uniforms from ww1 to now DPM005

Unissued 2 color Desert DPM Pants

My Small (But growing) collection of Brit Equip/uniforms from ww1 to now DPM002

My Small (But growing) collection of Brit Equip/uniforms from ww1 to now DPM003
    Philip
    Philip
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 3117

My Small (But growing) collection of Brit Equip/uniforms from ww1 to now Empty Re: My Small (But growing) collection of Brit Equip/uniforms from ww1 to now

Post by Philip Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:14 am

I like the hat Smile
    Do you collect British only?

misanthropic_gods

My Small (But growing) collection of Brit Equip/uniforms from ww1 to now Empty Re: My Small (But growing) collection of Brit Equip/uniforms from ww1 to now

Post by misanthropic_gods Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:20 am

Philip wrote:I like the hat Smile
    Do you collect British only?

Hell no, I collect EVERYTHING from EVERYWHERE! I kid...almost. I collect all kinds of interesting militaria from all over the world, i'm in the US, so that kinda helps finding US stuff, but finding stuff from other coutries is kind of difficult..but thats what makes it fun!

I like the slouch hat too, I have to say its one of my favorite pieces, and I got it for a great deal too!
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25

Name : Jeremy
    Registration date : 2009-03-02
    Number of posts : 1419

Post by Mercenary25 Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:41 pm

Cool collection!

My Small (But growing) collection of Brit Equip/uniforms from ww1 to now Oifbanner

http://oefoif.forumotion.net/forum.htm
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Post by misanthropic_gods Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:57 pm

I just realized this, but the shirt that I have there is named to a Royal Marine, I had not researched what MNE meant before, apparently a rank in the Royal marines that is the equivalent of Pvt in the USMC.
    filupe
    filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

Post by filupe Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:09 pm

The 1942 slouch hat is definitely a keeper.

I'm afraid the 'para' smock is not so - just your standard 1968 pattern DPM combat smock issued to all and sundry. I have never understood why they kept the beavertail for this item - the slipstream from jumping off the back of a truck just isn't that bad! (OK, so I haven't been to Brecon ...)
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Post by misanthropic_gods Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:33 pm

filupe wrote:The 1942 slouch hat is definitely a keeper.

I'm afraid the 'para' smock is not so - just your standard 1968 pattern DPM combat smock issued to all and sundry. I have never understood why they kept the beavertail for this item - the slipstream from jumping off the back of a truck just isn't that bad! (OK, so I haven't been to Brecon ...)

Ahh..that thanks man, that stupid flap threw me off. This is actually my regular mild/moderate weather jacket, if you couple these with an American M65 field jacket liner (I dont have a british liner for it) it can actually warm up pretty nice, and I get compliments all the time,and the material is so soft compared to American jackets, I really love that jacket!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 am