IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
CollectinSteve
Philip
bond007a1
ADMIN
8 posters

One of the more interesting things I have..., USMC (originally posted by knight)

ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Number of posts : 247

One of the more interesting things I have..., USMC (originally posted by knight) Empty One of the more interesting things I have..., USMC (originally posted by knight)

Post by ADMIN Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:39 pm

I forgot where I came across this uniform - I think it came from the east coast (USA) while I was on a trip for something else.

It's known as the USMC "Urban T" or " T pattern" experimental urban camouflage. It was used during some MOUT exercises by a US Marine Unit for testing purposes in 1999. It was never officially adopted, and there's not much information out there on it. I managed to come across a complete set as well as an extra set of trousers.

One of the more interesting things I have..., USMC (originally posted by knight) T110

One of the more interesting things I have..., USMC (originally posted by knight) T210

One of the more interesting things I have..., USMC (originally posted by knight) Ts10

Here's some other reference photos I've found of it in use:

One of the more interesting things I have..., USMC (originally posted by knight) T410

One of the more interesting things I have..., USMC (originally posted by knight) T510

One of the more interesting things I have..., USMC (originally posted by knight) T610

One of the more interesting things I have..., USMC (originally posted by knight) T710
    bond007a1
    bond007a1
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Steven
    Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Number of posts : 2099

One of the more interesting things I have..., USMC (originally posted by knight) Empty Re: One of the more interesting things I have..., USMC (originally posted by knight)

Post by bond007a1 Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:40 pm

WOW!!! that is definately a neat set, and whatever you do...hold on to it because they are RARE as hell and go for hundreds of dollars. I have been unsuccesful bidding on them. One set I bid on went in the $300-$400 range. I do not know exactly what they are worth. I know that a guy in South Africa has a jacket for $90.00 on his store website.
    thanks for sharing that set, it is a real beauty!!! for sure

Steven

Philip
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 3117

One of the more interesting things I have..., USMC (originally posted by knight) Empty Re: One of the more interesting things I have..., USMC (originally posted by knight)

Post by Philip Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:12 pm

nice stuff!!!

here are some pics of my t-pattern stuff:
    One of the more interesting things I have..., USMC (originally posted by knight) Forum8001y5ra
    One of the more interesting things I have..., USMC (originally posted by knight) Forum800267ud
    One of the more interesting things I have..., USMC (originally posted by knight) Forum8003b9gp
    One of the more interesting things I have..., USMC (originally posted by knight) Forum800469o2
    One of the more interesting things I have..., USMC (originally posted by knight) Forum8005s6up
    One of the more interesting things I have..., USMC (originally posted by knight) Forum8006n0s9
    One of the more interesting things I have..., USMC (originally posted by knight) Forum800717e7
    One of the more interesting things I have..., USMC (originally posted by knight) Neu3084j4i

CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Post by CollectinSteve Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:10 am

Interesting... some have the USMC stencils on them! I've never seen one like that before. I have a jacket and trousers, but years ago I gave up early on a 5 piece set (jacket, trousers, boonie, helmet cover, and frag vest cover) all matching Small size from a single Marine. I think the set went for $300, which at the time I thought was a lot of money. I'd pay much more than that now that I know how rare the little bits are.

The Chinese reproductions are VERY good quality and really are hard to tell from the originals. You have to look at the tags and also keep in mind that unissued stuff is unlikely to find. There's also a Chinese made version in desert colors.

Steve
    Philip
    Philip
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by Philip Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:13 pm

bond007a1 wrote:I know that a guy in South Africa has a jacket for $90.00 on his store website.

Do you know who the jacket owns now? pirat

CollectinSteve wrote: boonie

A T-pattern boonie???? Are you sure? To my knowledge T-pattern boonies have never been made....
    Just shirt, pants, vest and k-pot cover.

Philip

CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:11 pm

Thanks for asking!! You're right. I was going from memory. I just found the pics from that auction (2003!!) and it was for helmet cover, armored vest cover, jacket, and trousers. No boonie. Sorry about that! Must have got the commercial boonies (which do exist) mixed up.

Steve
    sepia
    sepia
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2009-10-20
    Number of posts : 20

Post by sepia Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:50 am

I heard its use in 101st Airborne Division, too. http://camo.henrikc.dk/details.asp?autono=71
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

Post by misanthropic_gods Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:54 pm

AH! Everywhere I go T-pat haunts me! I have been trying to find a set for AGES, it is either way over my limits on the price, or non-existent. I have to say though, this is my favorite favorite favorite US pattern, I think this stuff is some HSLD kit

I think I might have another picture or two that you dont have on my hard drive if you are interested, I can post em up
    Philip
    Philip
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Post by Philip Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:25 pm

Lots of t-pattern pics:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/militariabelgium/UrbanCamouflageUSMCEXPERIMENTAL#

Sgt P.
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-01-07
    Number of posts : 168

Post by Sgt P. Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:56 pm

Yeah I got outbid on a modified MOUT XL shirt the other day on e-bay for $84.00. pirat I hope it was one of you guys here. It was sweet and I wanted it to show the OPFOR guys on Hurlburt Field. Also for my collection. But hey thats life. The hunt will continue. Cool Bruce
    Parker
    Parker

Name : Anthony
    Registration date : 2010-07-14
    Number of posts : 3

Post by Parker Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:44 pm

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but is there anywhere to buy a T pattern blouse. Authentic or replica? I am tasked with finding every Marine Corps camouflage uniform for work and really only need this pattern to complete it.
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

Post by misanthropic_gods Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:11 pm

It pops up from time to time on e-bay...but the real stuff is one in a million to find. There are some companies out of Hong Kong and the PRC that are making repros for airsofters...but they are either expensive, out of stock, or dont answer to e-mails. I have been trying to squeeze this pattern out of the woodwork for a while and have had no luck. The best option for you right now would be one of the repros I would say.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 pm