IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
filupe
Sarge
vintageproductions
panzerwerk
8 posters

ARVN Ranger ERDL Uniform

1stDivVet
    1stDivVet
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Fins...
    Registration date : 2009-03-24
    Number of posts : 2561

ARVN Ranger ERDL Uniform - Page 2 Empty Re: ARVN Ranger ERDL Uniform

Post by 1stDivVet Tue May 29, 2012 3:03 am

nkomo wrote: Enough.

Agreed. A nice request to not post was made and a valid request for proof was asked and would be an educational contribution. A one word answer is like a picture without posts.. Virtually useless. Keep it civil guys. We are all adults here and we all are here to share and learn. Nice bag regardless tho!

Fins...

ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Post by nkomo Tue May 29, 2012 12:08 pm

As a collector of militaria, I am very interested in learning about different eras of camouflage. I'd love to see pictures of these woodland bags from the PX's so we can compare them to Steve's.

I thouroughly enjoy militaria discussions, as they can be enlightening to all. Like Mark said, lets keep this civil.

ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by nkomo Tue May 29, 2012 12:12 pm

For the naysayers on this bag being ERDL.....why do you think it is woodland? Is there anything specefic that you can point out in the pattern that would indicate woodland? I am asking this as to get this thread back on track. Thanks!

Major
    Major

Registration date : 2010-02-02
    Number of posts : 1086

Post by kammo-man Tue May 29, 2012 6:17 pm

Scale of pattern.

Simple .

OWEN .

nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by nkomo Tue May 29, 2012 7:41 pm

I collect by eras and conflict, so am unfamiliar with the term scale of pattern. What exactly does that mean? I don't mean to sound ignorant, but have never done an in depth study of the various camo patterns.

Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 3068

Post by panzerwerk Tue May 29, 2012 8:08 pm

What Owen is Saying is the pattern size is larger then what is accepted as ERDL , I can accept that , I wish he had added that to the first post , it would have been helpful ! A little explanation can go along way !
    kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Post by kammo-man Tue May 29, 2012 8:37 pm

I rest my case .

kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Post by kammo-man Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:18 pm

Re-reading this post ............today .....

Steve , you really need to chill out ....just because its not ERDL ,do you have to fight with those who know what it is ?
    And mis quoiting TREY Moore .........
    I spoke to him today and he relayed the whole conversation to me ...telling me everything .....as well as the $40 worth value ...
    you really need to relax pal.

1 div ........
    as do you , if you do not know Vietnam as you do not ......
    keep out of it .and just do not blaze in because your on line buddy is butt hurt about something.

The bag is woodland ..........
    But there had to be a one sided temper tantrum to show that .

owen
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:16 pm

kammo-man wrote:1 div ........
    as do you , if you do not know Vietnam as you do not ......
    keep out of it .and just do not blaze in because your on line buddy is butt hurt about something.

No, he weighed into this conversation because we are all here to learn and when someone starts beating on another, that is not good for anybody. How can we learn from one word or one line answers which have no context even for people who are more-or-less familiar with the subject matter? Especially when there is a disagreement going on.

The tone is also important. "Butt hurt" isn't exactly a constructive or non-abusive sentiment to be putting out here in public. It is also against the grain here on this Forum. We pride ourselves on fostering discussions that are respectful and polite. Please keep that in mind.

As for the disagreement itself, I can't comment since I purposefully don't deal with Vietnam stuff because it is too deep, complicated, and complex a subject with more exceptions and conflicting opinions than pretty much anything other than 3rd Reich. But I do like reading discussions about Vietnam stuff because I like learning despite me steering away from collecting the stuff. I'd like to see this discussion get back on track here and the posturing/insulting removed from it. If that's not possible I'll lock up the thread because it will have no value otherwise.

Steve
    1stDivVet
    1stDivVet
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Fins...
    Registration date : 2009-03-24
    Number of posts : 2561

Post by 1stDivVet Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:57 pm

Owen, I said what I said because you were doing nothing more than making single word comments without any proof. All you had to do was offer the proof, which you finally did. I don't know any of you from Adam, and your comment was un-called for. Sorry it was such a hastle for you to have to NOT be so lazy and actually be constructive for a change. It's ok tho.. I'm sure that once you hear the pop and the pink haze goes away, you'll understand a little better. Your lack of professionalism is noted.
    Fins...

Major
    Major

Post by kammo-man Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:13 pm

Thanks for the pm Collectin !

owen
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Post by CollectinSteve Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:54 pm

OK, I'm going to lock this one up. I think all that's needed to be said has been, and a bit too much extra. If someone has something specific to discuss regarding the actual topic here, just start up a new thread.

Thanks,

Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:55 am