IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Iraqi Militaria
Camo_fiend
nkomo
7 posters

Iraqi Camouflaged Helmet with Unit Insignia

nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Iraqi Camouflaged Helmet with Unit Insignia Empty Iraqi Camouflaged Helmet with Unit Insignia

Post by nkomo Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:56 pm

Ok....this one has remained a mystery for years. This was a surplus shop find at Ft. Knox in 1991. I have only seen one other of these helmets ever. The other one was sold on Ebay many years ago with a Republican Guard General's uniform grouping. Has anyone ever seen this helmet before or know what the unit marking is on the front?

Iraqi Camouflaged Helmet with Unit Insignia 00513
    Iraqi Camouflaged Helmet with Unit Insignia 00613
    Iraqi Camouflaged Helmet with Unit Insignia 00715
    Iraqi Camouflaged Helmet with Unit Insignia 00814
    Iraqi Camouflaged Helmet with Unit Insignia 00913

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Iraqi Camouflaged Helmet with Unit Insignia Empty Re: Iraqi Camouflaged Helmet with Unit Insignia

Post by Camo_fiend Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:09 am

It doesn't even look like a helmet, just the inner liner. Interesting all the same though!

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Iraqi Camouflaged Helmet with Unit Insignia Empty Re: Iraqi Camouflaged Helmet with Unit Insignia

Post by nkomo Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:32 am

Camo_fiend wrote:It doesn't even look like a helmet, just the inner liner. Interesting all the same though!

It does look like a liner, but that is an actual Irqi Kevlar type helmet.

Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : SSG Luna, Lorenzo
    Registration date : 2010-01-13
    Number of posts : 254

Post by Iraqi Militaria Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:58 pm

Nice Iraqi Helmet!!!

Lorenzo
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Post by Camo_fiend Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:20 pm

nkomo wrote:It does look like a liner, but that is an actual Irqi Kevlar type helmet.
    Ok. Thanks for clarifying. I thought perhaps it was a cammed up liner for training or drill.

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    Iraqi Militaria
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : SSG Luna, Lorenzo
    Registration date : 2010-01-13
    Number of posts : 254

Post by Iraqi Militaria Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:22 am

I would love to add this to my collection!!!

Lorenzo
    bolo
    bolo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2009-09-23
    Number of posts : 76

Post by bolo Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:12 am

I would sure like to have that helmet for my collection Smile
    HoovieDude
    HoovieDude
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-04-04
    Number of posts : 351

Post by HoovieDude Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:51 pm

Camo_fiend wrote:It doesn't even look like a helmet, just the inner liner. Interesting all the same though!

As Arch says, it is indeed an actual helmet. Most of the Iraqi helmets were made of heavy plastic like this one. I have a similar one, without the camo. Helmets for the most part, were worn more for the martial look, rather than any sort of real protection.

And.. nice one nkomo! If I were at work, I could have one of my Arab speakers translate the writing for you.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Post by Easy Gee Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:54 pm

Nice camo lid......this one was probably of South Korean manafacturer,supplied to the Iraqi army,I like this one a lot,the pattern reminds me of those old WW2 M1's that were painted by the 82nd......cool Smile
    helm40
    helm40
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2009-12-30
    Number of posts : 199

Post by helm40 Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:26 am

Hello Arch,
    The only two of these I have seen are yours and the one that sold on ebay. Have you ever tried to get the front translated? It looks like writing. I think of the many neat helmets I saw lying around there, but just did not have enough room to get them all. We could only get what we could carry.
    Scott
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by nkomo Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:49 am

Thanks for the compliments everyone!!!!

ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by nkomo Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:54 am

helm40 wrote:Hello Arch,
    The only two of these I have seen are yours and the one that sold on ebay. Have you ever tried to get the front translated? It looks like writing. I think of the many neat helmets I saw lying around there, but just did not have enough room to get them all. We could only get what we could carry.
    Scott
    Scott,
    Unfortunately, no one one has been able to translate it. This is the only one I've seen, other than the one you mentioned on Ebay. The auction stated the helmet (along with the uniform) was identified as being for a Republican Guard General. Whether there is any truth to that, God only knows. Could've been an accurate identification or it could have been a way to boost sales. lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:33 am