IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
drmatz
jose ramon
panzerwerk
Guessologist
CollectinSteve
Camo_fiend
nkomo
misanthropic_gods
Mercenary25
AndrewA74
Philip
15 posters

What is your rarest item in your collection?

misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

What is your rarest item in your collection? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your rarest item in your collection?

Post by misanthropic_gods Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:09 am

Wow..what a beaut.

Great condition too!
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-07-31
    Number of posts : 164

What is your rarest item in your collection? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your rarest item in your collection?

Post by Sarge Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:48 am

Yep is in new condition and unfired as the vet couldn't find any ammo for it. It is one of about 6 or 8 taken out of a full crate in a bombed rail car by a group of Artillery officers in Italy. Only one (1) other of that group is known, a couple of numbers off of mine. I wonder if any of the others actually made it back to the US?
    I just thought of something else that I have in the "rare" catagory. This came from the vet who brought it back. It was in a dead SS soldiers back pack. I wish he had also gotten the Soldbuch! I added the colar tabs about 45 yrs ago to match photos I had seen. I also have the pants.
    Sarge
    What is your rarest item in your collection? - Page 2 Dot_ja10
    jose ramon
    jose ramon
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-08-27
    Number of posts : 120

Post by jose ramon Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:08 am

Sarge wrote:I don't have any photos of the uniforms and my camera died some time ago, so --
    Here is the P.38.
    Sarge
    What is your rarest item in your collection? - Page 2 Hp_7_612

cheers bounce Impressive!
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Post by Camo_fiend Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:35 pm

Sarge wrote:I just thought of something else that I have in the "rare" catagory. This came from the vet who brought it back. It was in a dead SS soldiers back pack. I wish he had also gotten the Soldbuch! I added the colar tabs about 45 yrs ago to match photos I had seen. I also have the pants.
    Sarge
    What is your rarest item in your collection? - Page 2 Dot_ja10
    All I can say is WOW! That's an awesome piece to have, for sure.

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Post by misanthropic_gods Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:07 am

cobalt545 wrote:

I've been looking for one of those AOR hats for quite a while. Any advice on where I should go to acquire one?

I got mine from a person who got it at a flea market from a Seabee.

Pretty much the only place I have seen ANY AOR come up regularly is Ebay...and for exorbitant prices.

Best of luck to you in finding one...they are pretty damn rare from what I have seen. In fact.. now that I think about it...I dont think i've seen another boonie for sale as of yet

What is your rarest item in your collection? - Page 2 DSCF1521
    cobalt545
    cobalt545
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-07-23
    Number of posts : 189

Post by cobalt545 Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:57 am

misanthropic_gods wrote:
    cobalt545 wrote:

I've been looking for one of those AOR hats for quite a while. Any advice on where I should go to acquire one?

Pretty much the only place I have seen ANY AOR come up regularly is Ebay...and for exorbitant prices.

Best of luck to you in finding one...they are pretty damn rare from what I have seen. In fact.. now that I think about it...I dont think i've seen another boonie for sale as of yet

Alright, I'll keep my eyes open then. Would be sweet to get one of those and the new MARPAT-looking NWU hat that just came out. I'm really enjoying collecting US Navy camo lately.
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Post by misanthropic_gods Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:21 pm

cobalt545 wrote:
    misanthropic_gods wrote:
    cobalt545 wrote:

Alright, I'll keep my eyes open then. Would be sweet to get one of those and the new MARPAT-looking NWU hat that just came out. I'm really enjoying collecting US Navy camo lately.

The AOR2/Digi1/NWU3 is pretty cool, but its not quite Marpat looking. It has much more pea green and less brown. It seems like it will work well.

It is also currently the only USN trial pattern im missing for this current bout of camo. I have all the NWU trial pattern and the AOR2
    cobalt545
    cobalt545
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-07-23
    Number of posts : 189

Post by cobalt545 Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:42 pm

misanthropic_gods wrote:

The AOR2/Digi1/NWU3 is pretty cool, but its not quite Marpat looking. It has much more pea green and less brown. It seems like it will work well.

It is also currently the only USN trial pattern im missing for this current bout of camo. I have all the NWU trial pattern and the AOR2

I've got a couple of the blue digital NWU hats. I'm currently seeking the blue woodland looking one that was being tested. The NWU3 is awesome looking and I'm looking forward to finding one. Is the NWU3 made by Sekri like the other Navy hats?
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Post by misanthropic_gods Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:58 pm

cobalt545 wrote:
    misanthropic_gods wrote:

I've got a couple of the blue digital NWU hats. I'm currently seeking the blue woodland looking one that was being tested. The NWU3 is awesome looking and I'm looking forward to finding one. Is the NWU3 made by Sekri like the other Navy hats?

No clue..I dont have any NWU3, and I dont have any of the NWU covers except the NWU2
    einstrichkeinstrich
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2010-08-23
    Number of posts : 41

Post by einstrichkeinstrich Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:15 pm

I haven't got photos of it but I've got a tin of East German army E-portion biscuits that were stored in vehicles and given out as "emergency rations". The plastic is still on the metal tin with the tags intact.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:06 pm