IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
panzerwerk
misanthropic_gods
kammo-man
7 posters

DELTA PATTERN who knows all about it ?

kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Registration date : 2010-02-02
    Number of posts : 1086

DELTA  PATTERN who knows all about it ? Empty DELTA PATTERN who knows all about it ?

Post by kammo-man Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:00 am

Hi all ,
    I just got delta pattern from my 3rd group buddy direct from the Stan , any one know about it at all?
    thanks
    owen
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

DELTA  PATTERN who knows all about it ? Empty Re: DELTA PATTERN who knows all about it ?

Post by misanthropic_gods Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:29 am

Delta pattern...as in UCP-D?

DELTA  PATTERN who knows all about it ? Picture

If so, what would you like to know about it?

Also, if you want to sell any UCP-D pieces, put me on the tip top of your list..I just missed out on a UCP-D helmet cover Sad
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 3068

DELTA  PATTERN who knows all about it ? Empty Re: DELTA PATTERN who knows all about it ?

Post by panzerwerk Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:06 am

Dont know if anybody "knows all about it " it is a test pattern to replace regular UCP in Afghanistan due to the fact it was not working in the various terrain of the country , 3 patterns I know of were selected for trial , UCP D , Multicam , and a digital version of Multicam , the later never made it to field trials , so Delta and Multicam went head to head , Multicam was already in use with special forces and proved to have the edge over Delta and was accepted , I do not know what units trialed the delta or how many sets were made , I have read soldiers did not have enough unis to wear it all the time and had to change between the camos for the test , same went for the multicam and still they are only being issued one or 2 sets and have to use UCP at times , thats what I know .

One last thing , the only pieces know in this pattern at this point are

Helmet cover

DELTA  PATTERN who knows all about it ? UPCdelta2

Molle 2 LCE rig

DELTA  PATTERN who knows all about it ? UPCdelta3

And the ACU set

DELTA  PATTERN who knows all about it ? UPCdelta1

There may be other pieces , but I have not seen any proof yet .
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:22 am

And I forgot to add , people are asking really stupid prices for these , thank god they are not selling them for the thousands they think they are worth , I got my set for $75 with helmet cover shipped , I got one chest rig for $100 shipped , and I got 5 chest rigs and 5 helmet covers for $500 shipped which I am giving away to friends and collectors , I would have offered you a set Owen , but we recently talked about it , so I did not think you would be very interested my friend .
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25

Name : Jeremy
    Registration date : 2009-03-02
    Number of posts : 1419

Post by Mercenary25 Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:59 am

Few photos of SF guys wearing UCP-D. Not sure which groups though.

DELTA  PATTERN who knows all about it ? Ucpdeltag
    DELTA  PATTERN who knows all about it ? J6sd91

Just something little different, Mirage pattern!

DELTA  PATTERN who knows all about it ? 4011404643fb1fac40c7b

DELTA  PATTERN who knows all about it ? Oifbanner

http://oefoif.forumotion.net/forum.htm
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Post by Camo_fiend Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:59 pm

Everyone's already answered the question -- I have a habit of coming in late on things. Laughing
    Nice pattern...one I still don't have yet. One day hopefully. lol!

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Post by kammo-man Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:06 am

Thats all the info I need .
    Thanks very much , I have a set from ab SF guy complete with matching Afgan Commando patches .
    owen
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:11 am

LOL you da man Owen !!!!!!
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Post by Camo_fiend Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:12 am

Would it be possible to get any more? I'm really drooling over this pattern. Laughing

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    HoovieDude
    HoovieDude
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-04-04
    Number of posts : 351

Post by HoovieDude Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:15 am

Delta pattern.. Many of us were mockingly calling it Diarrhea pattern. Or Sh*t smear Very Happy Since they look like someone wiped their 4th point of contact with them!!

But, all BS'ng aside, I think they are a decent upgrade to the Universal pattern. Not as good as other patterns / colors obviously, but a definite improvement. And a cool item for collectors too!!
    kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Post by kammo-man Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:08 pm

The funny thing is when Capt Kelly originaly told me about it he called it Cayotie pattern , but he is buy no means a collector with names and such for cammos .....cuz its all just battle rattle to him !!
    Collectors such as ourselfs are happy when its quaint names for everything such as Tiger sparse , ERDL , oak leaf ..but to the men that wear them its just a work suit and who cares what the name is .......
    such is life .
    when I get it pictured it will be posted as a grouping complete with hats , scarfs, patches and other uniforms to include woodland that 3rd group mostly on its last tour.
    owen
    HoovieDude
    HoovieDude
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by HoovieDude Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:06 pm

kammo-man wrote:The funny thing is when Capt Kelly originaly told me about it he called it Cayotie pattern , but he is buy no means a collector with names and such for cammos .....cuz its all just battle rattle to him !!
    Collectors such as ourselfs are happy when its quaint names for everything such as Tiger sparse , ERDL , oak leaf ..but to the men that wear them its just a work suit and who cares what the name is .......

owen

Absolutely. I have always found it ironic that there are those who know more about the stuff than those who use it. Battle Rattle, kit, ta-50, or just sh*t! As in, "Hand me my Sh*t would ya. I've got to go see the CO" Laughing
    drmatz
    drmatz

Name : danilo matz
    Number of posts : 2103

Post by drmatz Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:49 am

Hi guys,

I noticed one of photos was a mirage pattern, this is quite a pretty pattern and looks very effective, although is a commercial pattern it seems many SF troops had adopted and are using it in their daily operations

DELTA  PATTERN who knows all about it ? 40114010

DELTA  PATTERN who knows all about it ? Mirage10

http://picasaweb.google.com/danilomatz
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:55 am

Army article about how many were issued this pattern , looks like only one Battalion

CLICK HERE
    kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Post by kammo-man Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:00 pm

Great link Steve ,
    thanks mate .

owen
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:08 pm

What it tells me Owen is there was probably less then 5000 sets made as most guys in the battalion only got 1-2 sets for the trial from what I have read , that means maybe 2000 sets , but this is just a guess , think too how many were turned back in and how many were just thrown out from being worn out , I wonder if there is 1000 sets even left ?????
    HoovieDude
    HoovieDude
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by HoovieDude Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:16 pm

panzerwerk wrote:What it tells me Owen is there was probably less then 5000 sets made as most guys in the battalion only got 1-2 sets for the trial from what I have read , that means maybe 2000 sets , but this is just a guess , think too how many were turned back in and how many were just thrown out from being worn out , I wonder if there is 1000 sets even left ?????

I think your'e good with your thinking Steve. I forget which Bn of the 82nd was issued these for the trials, but a light inf battalion would have 800 pax max when you total in the HHC and other support units that might be attached. Even if every individual was issued two sets for trial, that would be well within the 2k you think of. And then add in whatever numbers of the sets that the SF guys and others groups of small numbers that might have got their hands on some,and you are looking at a very small production run compared to contracted quantities for approved and fielded items.

And I am kinda curious if these were required to be turned in afterwards? The Army hasn't required that uniforms issued and worn in deployment be turned back in for sometime now. I know DCU's were required for some units, but that was only due to the shortage of them in the system at the early days of OIF/OEF. The only uniforms I have ever had to turn in were the Nomex CVC ensemble, as it is technically a organizational item, rather than individual issue.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:06 am