IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oregon surplus stores reviews and opinions

CamoDeafie
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Steven Blankenheim
    Registration date : 2009-04-06
    Number of posts : 214

Oregon surplus stores reviews and opinions Empty Oregon surplus stores reviews and opinions

Post by CamoDeafie Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:51 pm

OK decided write this up for other collectors if they come out here lol.

there are a total of 5 surplus stores I know of, used to be 6 but one closed down unfortunately.
    starting with the best In my opinion;

Andy & Bax, on Grand Avenue/99E in NE Portland, Oregon
    great place to find DCUs, BDUs, DPM from UK or Dutch (KL), also foreign jackets and sometimes equipment; prices are average, expect to pay $10 or so for any of the BDu or dcu tops, same for any other foreign uniform tops; variable rate for pants depending on condition and brand; field gear is a hit or miss; they do have a bin full of used pouches (mostly 40mm or LC) for sale; sometimes can find great pouches, sometimes not. used webbing is a rarity there though; mostly due to airsofters and survivalists and other collectors i presume. helmets are also there, but most are a little expensive compared to flea markets'

The Supply Depot, Bend, Oregon (lost the address for it lol)
    AWESOME place to see rare uniforms on wall, can buy edged weapons, shells, de-activated LAWs for relatively cheap; has alot of Dutch Army gear, MOLLE gear, DS era uniforms, hit or miss on DCUs and BDUs, got my 2 10th MTN DS 6 colors from this store for good prices, also got my 2 named complete BDU sets of a former 82nd ABN soldier who worked at JRTC (Joint Readiness Training Center) and was involved with the Idaho NG (Snake river badge)

Camo And Gear; Salem Oregon
    great place to find used field gear; from LC to MOLLE, LBVs, LBEs, FLCs, used BHI equipment, great prices on BDUS and DCUS ($5) but most uniform pieces are stripped; occasionally will find complete named/patched, but that is a rarity, got my named '78 contracted USMC stamped RDF shirt (straight pocket version of ERDL) from there, also 3-color FLC, some pouches, lots of LBE gear from them lol.

Action Surplus, Eugene, Oregon
    OK place to find tactical equipment and body armor, but the lady at the counters a female dog....she tore off the names off 2 DCUs i bought...for "security reasons"
    Evil or Very Mad they have some good deals, could find VN shirts and equipment, most of stuff are from DRMO auctions sometimes personal sales.

seems there is another surplus store to the south of Action Surplus, will have to check it out when i can.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:07 am