IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
drunkpunk19thGRU
Camo_fiend
nkomo
CollectinSteve
Philip
stuka
panzerwerk
11 posters

Afghan Northern Alliance camo China Copy And Real stuff Lizard pattern

panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 3068

Afghan Northern Alliance camo China Copy And Real stuff  Lizard pattern  Empty Afghan Northern Alliance camo China Copy And Real stuff Lizard pattern

Post by panzerwerk Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:51 pm

This Camo was made for the Afghan Army, many copies of this pattern are made in China.
    Afghan Northern Alliance camo China Copy And Real stuff  Lizard pattern  AfghanBDU1
    Afghan Northern Alliance camo China Copy And Real stuff  Lizard pattern  AfghanBDU2
    Afghan Northern Alliance camo China Copy And Real stuff  Lizard pattern  AfghanBDU3
    Afghan Northern Alliance camo China Copy And Real stuff  Lizard pattern  AFGHANBONNIE

Last edited by panzerwerk on Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:43 am; edited 2 times in total
    stuka
    stuka
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-03-13
    Number of posts : 132

Afghan Northern Alliance camo China Copy And Real stuff  Lizard pattern  Empty Re: Afghan Northern Alliance camo China Copy And Real stuff Lizard pattern

Post by stuka Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:20 pm

Here's the official NA Lizard camo when I got them back in 2004.

Afghan Northern Alliance camo China Copy And Real stuff  Lizard pattern  NALizard2

Afghan Northern Alliance camo China Copy And Real stuff  Lizard pattern  Afghani1

There are 2 types of issued uniforms for the NA (same with the other pattern); For officers and non-officers.
    I have to check again my sets but what I can remember is that the field jackets for officers got 2 front pockets and none for non-officer. Also, the plastic wrap for each set have some Arabic markings on it too.

Yes, the commercial copies come with US Army tab and became available about 2~3 years ago.
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Afghan Northern Alliance camo China Copy And Real stuff  Lizard pattern  Empty Re: Afghan Northern Alliance camo China Copy And Real stuff Lizard pattern

Post by panzerwerk Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:30 pm

one of the versions has a zip up front , I have not been lucky enough to get a real set , so I have to settle for my Chinese knock offs for now Sad
    Philip
    Philip
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Number of posts : 3117

Post by Philip Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:34 pm

Afghan Northern Alliance camo China Copy And Real stuff  Lizard pattern  Afghani1
    DA Bank
    lol!

CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-09
    Number of posts : 6888

Post by CollectinSteve Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:28 pm

The one Steve has is the ROTHCO set in BDU. There is also a Chinese military cut version. The ROTHCO sets I've seen appear to be yellower than the Chinese uniform and issue Afghan stuff.

Steve
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3320

Post by nkomo Mon May 03, 2010 7:21 pm

OKAY............I just got my "supposed" ANA lizard pattern in today. I have a few questions:
    1. Mine has Chinese military stamps on the inside of the jacket and pants. Was the Chinese military version issued to the ANA?
    2. Mine has the zipper front closure, zippered chest pockets, a pocket on the left arm and place either rank or foiliage on the other. Does this sound like the ANA lizard?

To me, it looks like the Chinese Mountain pattern. Wonder if these were ever given to the ANA?
    BTW....my uniform is the same color as Stuka's and the cap is identical in cut.
    Arch

ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Number of posts : 3117

Post by Philip Mon May 03, 2010 7:52 pm

I've also seen them with red Chinese stamps before. I'm not sure but I think this camo is Chinese. Wouldn't surprise me if these uniforms are chinese made/PLA surplus.

CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-09
    Number of posts : 6888

Post by CollectinSteve Tue May 04, 2010 12:25 am

Arch,

That's the Chinese cut that I mentioned in my previous post. From everything I've seen about the ANA uniforms none of them were issued a Chinese cut of uniform. What you have was likely made from surplus cloth using the PLA cut simply because the factory had the patterns for it. I am unaware of any PLA units using these uniforms either, though they are a bit like the Russians in that they've used a LOT of different things on small scales for limited amounts of time.

Steve
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Post by Camo_fiend Tue May 04, 2010 4:24 am

Very cool uniforms. I love the pattern!

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    drunkpunk19thGRU
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2010-10-13
    Number of posts : 12

Post by drunkpunk19thGRU Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:22 am

i have the NA lizard field jacket and a repro set NA lizard.
    Sgt P.
    Sgt P.
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-01-07
    Number of posts : 168

Post by Sgt P. Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:44 pm

Panzerwerk, Hey Steve did you get your Afghan camouflage set thru Trident Militaria in PA? He has a similar XL set. He is asking $100 for it. Bruce Wink
    drunkpunk19thGRU
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by drunkpunk19thGRU Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:06 am

here's my NA lizard
    Afghan Northern Alliance camo China Copy And Real stuff  Lizard pattern  60914_440095314346_611804346_4899667_5062415_n
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:52 pm

Yes Bruce I did , but it came through his ebay auctions.
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25

Name : Jeremy
    Registration date : 2009-03-03
    Number of posts : 1419

Post by Mercenary25 Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:08 pm

Dunkpunk, no offense but it is terrible to see so rare camo pattern being used for airsofting. I hate the thought it could be ruined one day and it's original condition will be gone when it could sit proudly in someone's display or even museum.

Also, please quote the picture if it is your impression or reference because I almost copied your picture on my harddrive until I saw Philippine face under the shemagh. Usually, if I find a good reference pictures of OEF/OIF, I would put them in my pocket hard drive for future reference. Sometimes it is hard to tell difference between reference photos and impression photos.

Just my .02 cents.

Afghan Northern Alliance camo China Copy And Real stuff  Lizard pattern  Oifbanner

http://oefoif.forumotion.net/forum.htm
    drunkpunk19thGRU
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by drunkpunk19thGRU Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:08 pm

Mercenary25 wrote:Dunkpunk, no offense but it is terrible to see so rare camo pattern being used for airsofting. I hate the thought it could be ruined one day and it's original condition will be gone when it could sit proudly in someone's display or even museum.

Also, please quote the picture if it is your impression or reference because I almost copied your picture on my harddrive until I saw Philippine face under the shemagh. Usually, if I find a good reference pictures of OEF/OIF, I would put them in my pocket hard drive for future reference. Sometimes it is hard to tell difference between reference photos and impression photos.

Just my .02 cents.

no problem sir. and thanks for the reminder. yes i agree with you about taking extra care of these rare camos. yes that's me in the pic taken last september. the NA lizard field jacket was recently acquired while the uniform set have been in my possession for almost a year i think. that's actually the first time i wore it in the field. i'm usually dressed in afghan salwar kameez and M65 field jacket when i play.

regards,
    jake
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:53 am

Finally got a real Parka/Jacket Thanks Philip !!

Afghan Northern Alliance camo China Copy And Real stuff  Lizard pattern  AFGHANlizard1
    stuka
    stuka
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-03-13
    Number of posts : 132

Post by stuka Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:02 am

The only differences with the NA officer sets with that of the enlisted ones are the 4 front pockets on the parka and epaulettes on each shoulders for the shirt.
    koalorka
    koalorka
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Registration date : 2010-05-22
    Number of posts : 1733

Post by koalorka Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:21 pm

It seems there are a lot of PLA-cut sets masquerading as Northern Alliance lizards. There is also a summer set with buttoned chest pockets that looks like a Mozambique uniform. I don't think I've ever seen Afghan fighters wearing such a uniform.

Afghan Northern Alliance camo China Copy And Real stuff  Lizard pattern  N2vf

Afghan Northern Alliance camo China Copy And Real stuff  Lizard pattern  1h0w

Afghan Northern Alliance camo China Copy And Real stuff  Lizard pattern  Pnqh
    pk977
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2011-03-22
    Number of posts : 26

Post by pk977 Thu May 15, 2014 5:17 am

Any more photos

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:05 am