IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Uniform/gear reference books

DS9ACU
    DS9ACU
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Registration date : 2009-07-15
    Number of posts : 530

Uniform/gear reference books Empty Uniform/gear reference books

Post by DS9ACU Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:39 pm

I don't know about anyone else here but I constantly have a hard time deciphering which reference books are bad and which ones are worth owning. So I figured why not start a thread where people can talk about and post any books that have been helpful and which ones people should stay away from. I'll start with J.F. Borsarello and his two books on camouflage uniforms of NATO and Asia. Both are very good and helpful as far as determining what camouflages are used by the respected nations.

Uniform/gear reference books 035ddd10 Uniform/gear reference books Sp9810
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Uniform/gear reference books Empty Re: Uniform/gear reference books

Post by Easy Gee Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:27 pm

EXCELLENT idea for a thread, good one !!

Two books from my formative years , World Army Uniforms since 1939 published in 1973 by Mollo,Mcgregor,smith and Chappell.

and Uniforms of the Elite forces, published 1982, by leroy Thompson.

A more recent cool ref book of mine, Brassey's Book of camoflague,published 1996 by Tim Newwark, Quinten Newark,and Dr JF Borsello.

All cool books,and highly recommended, I have loads more but these are my faves Wink
    escammo
    escammo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Erick
    Registration date : 2009-02-23
    Number of posts : 165

Post by escammo Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:03 pm

Here are three of my favorite camouflage related books:

Waffen-ss Camouflage Uniforms And Post-war Derivatives (Europa Militaria Series) [Paperback]Daniel Peterson (Author)

Wehrmacht Camouflage Uniforms: And Post-War Derivatives (Europa Militaria) [Paperback]D Peterson (Author)

These two books are very well written with lots of color photos of uniform. Post-War Derivatives include West German, East German, Romanian,Czech, Bulgarian, and Polish camo patterns.

AIRBORNE ELITE: (1) RUSSIA´S AIR ASSAULT FORCE (CONCORD PUBLICATIONS) Yves Debay & James Hill (Authors)

This book has lots of photos of post-Soviet airborne soldiers and equipment.
    joni firpo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-05-16
    Number of posts : 132

Post by joni firpo Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:03 pm

For hungarian uniform books (although I don't know many of you are interested in books written in hungarian, but who knows?) check the www.huniform.com website.

Another note: I still have a few copies from my old - published in 2000 - (and a little bit outdated) booklet of the history and evolution of hungarian camouflages. Written also in hungarian, but with english summary. If anybody thought he needed a copy, don't hesitate to contact me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 pm