IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Bury_Dave
CollectinSteve
bravo_2_zero
kammo-man
8 posters

THE SS CAMOUFLAGED COMBI- ..........The most RARE piece of Camouflaged uniform in existance .

kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Registration date : 2010-02-02
    Number of posts : 1086

THE SS CAMOUFLAGED COMBI- ..........The most RARE piece of Camouflaged uniform in existance . Empty THE SS CAMOUFLAGED COMBI- ..........The most RARE piece of Camouflaged uniform in existance .

Post by kammo-man Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:26 pm

I had the opportunity to get close to the WTHE SS CAMOUFLAGED COMBI- ..........The most RARE piece of Camouflaged uniform in existance . Dscn2510orlds rarest piece of camouflage clothing in existance yesterday.
    The famed Waffen SS camouflaged Combi.

This example is made from 2 different batched of fabric , oak and plain tree.

Enjoy .

owen
    kammo-man
    Major
    Major

THE SS CAMOUFLAGED COMBI- ..........The most RARE piece of Camouflaged uniform in existance . Empty Re: THE SS CAMOUFLAGED COMBI- ..........The most RARE piece of Camouflaged uniform in existance .

Post by kammo-man Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:37 pm

THE SS CAMOUFLAGED COMBI- ..........The most RARE piece of Camouflaged uniform in existance . Dscn2511

has some repairs ..
    kammo-man
    Major
    Major

THE SS CAMOUFLAGED COMBI- ..........The most RARE piece of Camouflaged uniform in existance . Empty Re: THE SS CAMOUFLAGED COMBI- ..........The most RARE piece of Camouflaged uniform in existance .

Post by kammo-man Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:38 pm

THE SS CAMOUFLAGED COMBI- ..........The most RARE piece of Camouflaged uniform in existance . Dscn2512

back side has plain tree
    kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Post by kammo-man Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:39 pm

THE SS CAMOUFLAGED COMBI- ..........The most RARE piece of Camouflaged uniform in existance . Dscn2610

leg pattern
    kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Post by kammo-man Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:40 pm

THE SS CAMOUFLAGED COMBI- ..........The most RARE piece of Camouflaged uniform in existance . Dscn2513

has eagle on both arms
    kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Post by kammo-man Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:42 pm

THE SS CAMOUFLAGED COMBI- ..........The most RARE piece of Camouflaged uniform in existance . Dscn2611

rank goes here
    kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Post by kammo-man Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:43 pm

THE SS CAMOUFLAGED COMBI- ..........The most RARE piece of Camouflaged uniform in existance . Dscn2612

one side green ......one brown
    kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Post by kammo-man Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:43 pm

THE SS CAMOUFLAGED COMBI- ..........The most RARE piece of Camouflaged uniform in existance . Dscn2613

eagle on both sides
    kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Post by kammo-man Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:44 pm

THE SS CAMOUFLAGED COMBI- ..........The most RARE piece of Camouflaged uniform in existance . Dscn2614

green side
    kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Post by kammo-man Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:47 pm

THE SS CAMOUFLAGED COMBI- ..........The most RARE piece of Camouflaged uniform in existance . Dscn2514

leg pattern .

like I said before ........this is the Worlds most Rare piece of camouflage .

owen
    bravo_2_zero
    bravo_2_zero
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Registration date : 2009-04-16
    Number of posts : 812

Post by bravo_2_zero Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:01 pm

Nice Owen !

I'm not a German camo person but what would one of these baby's set you back in the condition we see here ?
    kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Post by kammo-man Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:20 pm

It is being sold for 30 .
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Post by CollectinSteve Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:11 pm

Whoa. Whoa.

I didn't know these were so rare. I know they weren't made in huge numbers, but certainly they weren't one offs. I wonder why so few are floating around.

The rarest Waffen SS uniform I can think of is the dubious Peas 44 FJ smock. If you believe they exist, that is Very Happy

How does this stack up against a Leibermuster set in terms of rarity?

Steve
    Bury_Dave
    Bury_Dave
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Name : Dave
    Registration date : 2012-02-14
    Number of posts : 822

Post by Bury_Dave Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:19 pm

I knew they were rare but not how rare. I haven't a clue if it is possible to have an accurate idea of numbers produced. Certainly I imagine that, like the USMC camo coveralls, they would be hell on operations for having a dump. Especially if you were hatches down !! Shocked

I have to say i really like it though - especially spring side out.

Dave

Last edited by Bury_Dave on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Post by kammo-man Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:22 pm

I also seen 2 44 dot Jump smocks yesterday ..........
    But the overalls are way rarer .

There are 5 known.

There was 9 jump smocks from this haul , now only 2 left .

This guy was collection since the mid 1950s .

o
    kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Post by kammo-man Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:24 pm

You can find Liber , at every big SOS show more shows up every year , now it has been IDed .
    They made plenty , and most to the Cezhs etc .

koalorka
    koalorka
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Registration date : 2010-05-22
    Number of posts : 1733

Post by koalorka Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:25 pm

kammo-man wrote:It is being sold for 30 .

That doesn't seem so bad. I can probably offer up to $200.
    kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Post by kammo-man Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:58 pm

Thats 30 thousand my friend .

filupe
    filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

Post by filupe Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:56 pm

CollectinSteve wrote:
    The rarest Waffen SS uniform I can think of is the dubious Peas 44 FJ smock. If you believe they exist, that is Very Happy

Awhile ago Military Illustrated magazine featured the matching FJ trousers in 44 Pea dot. Apparently the editor was so gobsmacked they dedicated an article to it ...

Nice piece Owen, pity the whole reversible concept hasn't really caught on in this day and age ...
    kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Post by kammo-man Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:34 pm

For the time it was a great idea.
    But time moves on and patterns change.........with of all countries Russia having a go at using oak pattern.
    I will post some pix of the 44 dot jump stuff after next time I visit my mate.....and picture them.

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:26 pm

Thanks for the follow up info. It's been a long time since I was into the Third Reich collecting info. Last I remembered there was still a lot of debate about the validity of Peas 44 FJ smocks.

Problem is there's been fakes made for 30-40 years. Some of them made with real cloth, buttons, etc. And very skilled fakers deliberately trying to pass the stuff off as real. Even if I had a boatload of money I am not sure I would want to swim in those murky waters.

OK, who am I kidding... of course I would Wink

Steve
    Bury_Dave
    Bury_Dave
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Name : Dave
    Registration date : 2012-02-14
    Number of posts : 822

Post by Bury_Dave Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:47 am

filupe wrote:
    Awhile ago Military Illustrated magazine featured the matching FJ trousers in 44 Pea dot. Apparently the editor was so gobsmacked they dedicated an article to it ...

I have that issue somewhere as well as the one on Denisons and french Lizard para suits from Indo-China. That was a great magazine. That's one box I ought to dig out from my attic.

Dave
    ww2-civilwar.collector
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2012-04-24
    Number of posts : 14

Post by ww2-civilwar.collector Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:30 pm

That is an excellent find, very lucky!
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-07-31
    Number of posts : 164

Post by Sarge Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:57 am

There is no question about the 44 dot pattern jump smocks being the real deal.
    It would seem that the Lw Fj field tested them in Italy. I have a copy of Der Adler that shows a photo taken from a balcony of a company formation all wearing the dot pattern smocks. I also have movie footage of Lw Fj in Italy and there is one place where a guy wearing dot runs by a window in front of the camera.
    I missed a mint original dot smock at a gun show in Kansas in the early 60s. No one knew if they were good or not and so I passed. Price was $30. I did buy the water pattern smock he had for the same price - still have it.
    Sarge
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:10 pm

Cool. I haven't followed the Third Reich uniform chatter for a long time and last I heard there were still two camps... believers and doubters. It's nice to know things have moved on from there Very Happy

Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:37 am