IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Peruvian Guardia Civil Policia Aerea Uniform (originally posted by nkomo)

ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Number of posts : 247

Peruvian Guardia Civil Policia Aerea Uniform (originally posted by nkomo) Empty Peruvian Guardia Civil Policia Aerea Uniform (originally posted by nkomo)

Post by ADMIN Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:19 am

This is one of my newest uniform acqusitions. It is a badged PEruvian Guardia Civil Policia Aerea uniform. The uniform is of South Korean origin and has a Samsung tag sewn into the bottom part of the shirt. It also has F.A.P. collar devices and two pins on the chest. I have identified the one pin as being a pin awarded/given to the soldier for his participation in Operation Snowcap. I belive this uniform dates from the 1987 -1989 time period.

Peruvian Guardia Civil Policia Aerea Uniform (originally posted by nkomo) Peru_010

Picture of the pocket patch.

Peruvian Guardia Civil Policia Aerea Uniform (originally posted by nkomo) Peru_011

Picture of chest pins.

Peruvian Guardia Civil Policia Aerea Uniform (originally posted by nkomo) Peru_012
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Number of posts : 247

Peruvian Guardia Civil Policia Aerea Uniform (originally posted by nkomo) Empty Re: Peruvian Guardia Civil Policia Aerea Uniform (originally posted by nkomo)

Post by ADMIN Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:20 am

Link to some information on Operation Snowcap.
    Operation Snowcap

Arch
    filupe
    filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

Peruvian Guardia Civil Policia Aerea Uniform (originally posted by nkomo) Empty Re: Peruvian Guardia Civil Policia Aerea Uniform (originally posted by nkomo)

Post by filupe Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:47 am

Interesting ... I picked up a virtually identical uniform sans patches at a local surplus store years ago - same pattern, cut, buttons et al. Looks like the Koreans exported this pattern everywhere. I have seen Ethiopians, Iraqis, Palestinians and Nicaraguans wearing the same 'noodle' pattern.
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Post by nkomo Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:30 pm

filupe wrote:Interesting ... I picked up a virtually identical uniform sans patches at a local surplus store years ago - same pattern, cut, buttons et al. Looks like the Koreans exported this pattern everywhere. I have seen Ethiopians, Iraqis, Palestinians and Nicaraguans wearing the same 'noodle' pattern.
    Funny you should mention that Filupe. I have two other sets in my collection. One set came out of Guatemala and the other set came out of Ethiopia. The Ethiopian set has the hammer and sickle collar tabs. Supposedly was captured in Rhodesia back in the late 70's. All I can tell you is that the original owner of the uniform probably didn't make it back to his home. It has bullet holes and shrapnel holes EVERYWHERE on it. Has quite a few blood stains as well.
    Arch

ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Steven
    Number of posts : 2099

Post by bond007a1 Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:43 pm

Boy...that Ethiopean set you have makes me salivate!!! That is one awesome piece of militaria....get some pics of that on here, so everyone can see it!!!!

s

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:44 pm