IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Did the woodland ecwcs parka ever have a velcro fastening storm flap?

AndyD
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2012-01-03
    Number of posts : 76

Did the woodland ecwcs parka ever have a velcro fastening storm flap? Empty Did the woodland ecwcs parka ever have a velcro fastening storm flap?

Post by AndyD Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:49 am

Just wondered if the ecwcs parka ever had a velcro fastening storm flap instead of snaps?

All help appreciated!

Regards,
    Andy
    sh4pak
    sh4pak
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Registration date : 2012-04-23
    Number of posts : 626

Did the woodland ecwcs parka ever have a velcro fastening storm flap? Empty Re: Did the woodland ecwcs parka ever have a velcro fastening storm flap?

Post by sh4pak Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:58 pm

Hi Andy,

I can't give you a definite answer, but I *can* tell you that I have about 5 of these, from various generations, and they all have button-closures for the storm-flap.

So, if you have snaps, that's one variation. Doesn't seem unreasonable to think that they might have done hook & loop too. Got a photo?

--Dan
    AndyD
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2012-01-03
    Number of posts : 76

Did the woodland ecwcs parka ever have a velcro fastening storm flap? Empty Re: Did the woodland ecwcs parka ever have a velcro fastening storm flap?

Post by AndyD Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:06 pm

Sorry, I meant the gore tex parka.
    Seller said it had a velcro fastening storm flap,although it turns out it has press studs which is what I expected it to have!
    sh4pak
    sh4pak
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Registration date : 2012-04-23
    Number of posts : 626

Post by sh4pak Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:14 pm

Excellent!
    onward288
    onward288
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-08-06
    Number of posts : 288

Post by onward288 Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:29 am

Do you mean the Gen1 ECWCS fur ruff?
    http://coldweatherclothing.ciehub.info/ECWCS/RuffParkaExtendedCW.html
    bravo_2_zero
    bravo_2_zero
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Registration date : 2009-04-16
    Number of posts : 812

Post by bravo_2_zero Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:56 pm

AndyD wrote:Just wondered if the ecwcs parka ever had a velcro fastening storm flap instead of snaps?

All help appreciated!

Regards,
    Andy

My very early 80's goretex one has Velcro , the camo print also runs top to bottom and not left to right. It's on this section somewhere and worth a look.

Thoughts it's either prototype/trial or px bought but there is proof of special forces wearing same jacket in the thread.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:04 am