IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Czech commercial?

koalorka
    koalorka
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Registration date : 2010-05-22
    Number of posts : 1733

Czech commercial? Empty Czech commercial?

Post by koalorka Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:39 am

Has anyone encountered this pattern before?

Czech commercial? 2603631676
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Czech commercial? Empty Re: Czech commercial?

Post by CollectinSteve Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:36 pm

Whoa! Only the second time I've seen one of these. The first time is when I got one for myself as part of a big collection Smile It was acquired by that guy sometime in the mid 1990s.

Mine has a stamp in the jacket which matches information on a paper tag. It is difficult to read the date, but it appears to be 1991. What about this one? I'd definitely find out about that. Get a pic if you can.

My Czech sources have been unable to convince me, one way or another, that this is legitimate issue. One guy swears up and down that it isn't because he's never seen it before. He also said official stamps were used on fakes (first I've heard of that). I do not put much faith in statements like that when it's an obscure topic and from a period of known experimentation. It might be that it's not legitimate, however often times it is and it's just not well known.

My personal theory is this...

It was a sample set that was submitted as part of a call for a new work uniform, which for sure was going on in the 1991 timeframe (the official one was adopted in 1992). The uniform exhibits many military traits, but it is definitely missing some features which would have added to the cost.

This is all speculation, of course, however it does fit known facts.

Steve

Last edited by CollectinSteve on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Okruch
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2012-09-06
    Number of posts : 19

Post by Okruch Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:04 pm

Working uniform sounds OK for me - the camouflaged sets are popular among builders and peasants in Poland, God only knows why Wink I bought once pants in hardware store - BDU-style in Dutch DPM!! Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 pm