IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Any idea what this TTsKO type uniform is?

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Any idea what this TTsKO type uniform is? Empty Any idea what this TTsKO type uniform is?

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:03 pm

Just saw this today and I don't know what it is. I don't think it's original Soviet issue, as the seller claims, but I'm also not sure it's pure commercial. The stamps look interesting, the 3 pocket snap design do not Wink

Steve

Any idea what this TTsKO type uniform is? 2012_06_23_22-58-54-2

Any idea what this TTsKO type uniform is? 2012_06_23_22-58-54-3

Any idea what this TTsKO type uniform is? 2012_06_23_22-58-54-6
    koalorka
    koalorka
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Registration date : 2010-05-22
    Number of posts : 1733

Any idea what this TTsKO type uniform is? Empty Re: Any idea what this TTsKO type uniform is?

Post by koalorka Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:25 pm

The pattern looks unmistakably Ukrainian and the style is that worn by ground attack crews and support personnel. The date appears to be "07" and we know the Russians no longer actively issue TTsKO uniforms, but I have seen photos of Russian aircrews still wearing older uniforms until very recently.

Photos below are of the two different aircrew types of uniform worn by the Ukrainians:

Any idea what this TTsKO type uniform is? 20120830906641593

Any idea what this TTsKO type uniform is? 20120830906641595

Hope this helps.

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Any idea what this TTsKO type uniform is? Empty Re: Any idea what this TTsKO type uniform is?

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:45 pm

I also think it's Ukrainian. The Soviet stuff is so well documented as are the Russian continuations. Never seen this before AND the guy has 10 sets for sale. All brand new. Although it's possible someone stumbled upon a cache of a previously unknown uniform type, VERY unlikely. Which is another reason to suspect it's Ukrainian since they are making stuff to this day.

The air crew uniforms have zippers up the front and for the pockets. At least that is all I've seen out there, including the two pics posted above (one of the guys is in both pictures). Snaps, however, are a traditional feature of Soviet and Russian vehicle crew uniforms. The two have always had more in common with each other than infantry uniforms, so that guy on the left in the first picture could be wearing a zippered 3 pocket jacket similar to the one I'm asking about (definitely not the same due to the zippered front).

Therefore, my guess right now is this is a Ukrainian vehicle crew uniform. Would love to see it confirmed as that or something else. The price this guy wants isn't great, so I'll probably pass on it.

Steve
    escammo
    escammo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Erick
    Registration date : 2009-02-23
    Number of posts : 165

Post by escammo Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:32 pm

Factory stamp shows that this uniform was manufactured at the Sasovo garment factory, Ryazan region, Russia
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:16 pm

Interesting. Could this be an early Russian Air crew uniform? First I've seen of this design.

Steve
    koalorka
    koalorka
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post by koalorka Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:43 pm

That's surprising.

As far as I'm aware, current Russian aircrew uniforms are still made in the older style with zippered chest pockets by Technoavia:

http://www.technoavia.ru/katalog/flywear/3-011.htm

This could be a uniform for support troops, technical crews etc.
    koalorka
    koalorka
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post by koalorka Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:21 pm

Confirmed air force engineering personnel uniform, just a camouflage version of a Soviet uniform from the 1980s. I'll see if I can dig up some photos.
    shoru
    shoru
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Registration date : 2011-04-02
    Number of posts : 507

Post by shoru Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:38 am

So did anyone ended up buying one?

What is the quality of these suits?
    koalorka
    koalorka
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post by koalorka Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:49 pm

The pre-camo version of the same uniform, first appearing around 1984:

Any idea what this TTsKO type uniform is? 113a1

In action:

Any idea what this TTsKO type uniform is? User31465pic16554613007

And the khaki tropical version:

Any idea what this TTsKO type uniform is? 26683829

I suspect the camouflage version did not appear until after 1991. There were several uniforms that were specified in camouflage during Soviet times, but which were never realized until after the collapse of the USSR for whatever reasons, such as the tanker-style TTsKO.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:10 am