IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Who says there are no good deals left on ebay?

cammobunker
    cammobunker
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2011-07-28
    Number of posts : 68

Who says there are no good deals left on ebay? Empty Who says there are no good deals left on ebay?

Post by cammobunker Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:50 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290797155528?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649

Apparently, there are.
    Unfortunately, that's MY backpack that I just lost $50 worth Mad by relying on people actually, you know, bidding on my stuff. Sad Sad Sad Sad
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Who says there are no good deals left on ebay? Empty Re: Who says there are no good deals left on ebay?

Post by CollectinSteve Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:11 pm

Doh! This is why I put a reasonable minimum price on everything I sell. I'd rather keep something for trade or trying to resell later than to see it go for way below value. Of course this does mean I have boxes full of stuff that have seen eBay more than once Sad

Steve
    sh4pak
    sh4pak
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Registration date : 2012-04-23
    Number of posts : 626

Who says there are no good deals left on ebay? Empty Re: Who says there are no good deals left on ebay?

Post by sh4pak Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:18 am

Yeah... my experience selling on ebay was dreadful. Now, I just hoard stuff, and do mass-trades with a local shop that carries interesting things. I guess I lose a bit, maybe, but at least I get what I want from the transaction.

Ebay takes more fortitude (and, in some cases, audacity) than I care to exercise.

HOWEVER... if you're willing to be totally pretentious, and to think up some really idiotic copy that has little-to-no bearing on reality, you might find success on etsy:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/101331003/the-camo-field-jacket?ref=sr_gallery_6&ga_search_query=the+%22camo%22+field+jacket&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

@_@...

I just don't know if it is really *worth* it...
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Post by CollectinSteve Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:34 pm

That's a classic!! I had trouble selling a set a few months ago for $45. "Fools and their money are soon parted".

eBay is where you can get big money for things which are in high demand. I'm bidding on some trouser suspenders (non camo, rather plain looking) and the price is already at EUR 100. Last one seen went for EUR 200+. They are the sort of thing that probably wound up in second hand shops for next to nothing soon after they were used. Which is why they go for this amount of money now. You'd never get that kind of money from a 2nd hand shop!

Steve
    sh4pak
    sh4pak
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Registration date : 2012-04-23
    Number of posts : 626

Post by sh4pak Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:08 pm

--What kind of suspenders? I was surprised, myself, having seen what kind of prices that AAC suspenders went for a couple of years ago. Almost the same price I paid for a pair of a-10 alpaca pants that went with them, at the same time... (I didn't end up getting the suspenders. Normal ones ended up working...)
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Post by Camo_fiend Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:43 pm

I've seen it happen both on both ends of the spectrum -- Like when people buy those overpriced faded tropical DPM trousers. But then you'll occasionally stumble on an isolated auction where someone's selling mis-identified (but good) kit and it gets snapped up for almost nothing.

I had the same issues selling textbooks from classes a couple years ago. Like-new books went for crazy-low prices. Despite the frustration, I still made more than I would have if I'd sold them back to the bookstore. (A mistake I made once and wasn't going to again.) Evil or Very Mad

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:17 am