IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Command pilot wings in blue twill

raiden
    raiden

Registration date : 2012-11-03
    Number of posts : 1

Command pilot wings in blue twill Empty Command pilot wings in blue twill

Post by raiden Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:54 pm

just wonder which one of these USAF command pilot wings is of original vietnam era, cos both of these are from the seller claimed that the wings are of authentic vietnam war period, but they are of different shape(note the different shape of the shield)
    Any ideas? thx Command pilot wings in blue twill Img_0012
    fez
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : lee
    Registration date : 2011-11-26
    Number of posts : 178

Command pilot wings in blue twill Empty Re: Command pilot wings in blue twill

Post by fez Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:19 pm

I think they are just different makers, I have had many over the years and there are quite a few different styles.
    fez
    1stDivVet
    1stDivVet
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Fins...
    Registration date : 2009-03-24
    Number of posts : 2561

Post by 1stDivVet Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:34 pm

Fez is right. Depending on the manufacturer, wear, etc., there are many variations. The blue wasn't used for long after Nam, and I find many un-used badges on blue. The only things I've had on blue that wasn't Nam era were some rank that turned out to be newer CAP insignia. Both of yours look good to me.

Fins...

Corporal
    Corporal

Name : Ricardo Luque
    Registration date : 2011-09-27
    Number of posts : 24

Post by comando94 Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:10 pm

Hi Mi Friend. Do you have any of them for a trade? Thanks. I am a colector of parachutist Wings and Airborne Badges and Patches. Any tipe and Any Country. Thanks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:41 am