IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

BILAMINAAT(Goretex) Parka 2006-Anyone have any experience with these?

Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

BILAMINAAT(Goretex) Parka 2006-Anyone have any experience with these? Empty BILAMINAAT(Goretex) Parka 2006-Anyone have any experience with these?

Post by Gulf91 Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:51 am

Anybody got any experience with this type of Parka please either positive or negitive?

Sorry for the long story/rant-Have been looking now for a while for a good Military Goretex Parka on a tightish budget(could have bought a new one for all the crap ive bought)and am now getting to the end of my tether with what Ive bought so far-British DPM MVP-all leaked like tea bags. US 3 colour Desert ECWCS Parka-AMAZING parka and craps on everything I have seen except for the totally useless hood that is just awfull s was tricked into buying this. According to the previous owner,best ever jakcet etc etc guaranteed to keep you dry in every condition. Got caught in a not that heavy shower that lasted approx 10 mins and my shoulders were soaked through Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Checked the jacket and no sign of holes or damage so contacted the(Ebay) seller voicing my concers to get a reply of,oh yes,it will probably need reproofing!!!!!!

No mention of this at all in the listing and after looking up various Nikwax products apparently I will need some pre wash solution first than a re proofing solution which will cost approx £20 in total. Started and won an Ebay claim but surprise surprise I will have to return the parka at my own expense in order to get a refund Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

So rant over,apart from setting light to the parka does anyone have a cheaper solution to the problem please as out of principle NO WAY am I paying to return it to the selller which isnt fair to me.

Thanks

BILAMINAAT(Goretex) Parka 2006-Anyone have any experience with these? DSCF0002-10

BILAMINAAT(Goretex) Parka 2006-Anyone have any experience with these? DSCF0001-5

BILAMINAAT(Goretex) Parka 2006-Anyone have any experience with these? DSCF0003-6

BILAMINAAT(Goretex) Parka 2006-Anyone have any experience with these? DSCF0004-8

BILAMINAAT(Goretex) Parka 2006-Anyone have any experience with these? DSCF0005-4

BILAMINAAT(Goretex) Parka 2006-Anyone have any experience with these? DSCF0006-7
    jeva
    jeva
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-01-15
    Number of posts : 273

BILAMINAAT(Goretex) Parka 2006-Anyone have any experience with these? Empty Re: BILAMINAAT(Goretex) Parka 2006-Anyone have any experience with these?

Post by jeva Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:23 pm

The jacket/parka is the first decent piece of rainwear for the Dutch army.

Sometimes these jackets are cleaned wit the wrong product then its posible to get soaked.

Get nikwax and the problem will be solved .
    But if the breating is restired i dont know.

Here in Holand you can get these from 25 euro till 75 euro.
    That for size and used /new.

jeroen
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

BILAMINAAT(Goretex) Parka 2006-Anyone have any experience with these? Empty Re: BILAMINAAT(Goretex) Parka 2006-Anyone have any experience with these?

Post by Gulf91 Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:31 pm

jeva wrote:The jacket/parka is the first decent piece of rainwear for the Dutch army.

Sometimes these jackets are cleaned wit the wrong product then its posible to get soaked.

Get nikwax and the problem will be solved .
    But if the breating is restired i dont know.

Here in Holand you can get these from 25 euro till 75 euro.
    That for size and used /new.

jeroen

Thanks Jeroen.

Was looking at Nikwax but as previously said having to buy 2 different products is expensive on top of what I already paid for the parka,just wish there was one magical cheap solution Laughing Laughing Laughing

More angry with the seller and Ebay Twisted Evil
    AndyD
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2012-01-03
    Number of posts : 76

Post by AndyD Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:06 pm

Don't buy Nikwax techwash.
    Buy a box of Grannies soap flakes,or the ready mixed soap flakes in a bottle,same stuff as techwash and cheaper!

I used these on my US parka,follow it up with the spray on Nikwax TX direct,about £6/£7 from Go Outdoors.
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:10 pm

AndyD wrote:Don't buy Nikwax techwash.
    Buy a box of Grannies soap flakes,or the ready mixed soap flakes in a bottle,same stuff as techwash and cheaper!

I used these on my US parka,follow it up with the spray on Nikwax TX direct,about £6/£7 from Go Outdoors.

Great advice/tips there-Thanks.
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:32 am

Taken the plunge and just bought some Nikwax Tech Wash(done) and Nikwax TX Direct Wash In(in the machine as I type) so crossing all fingers that it wont be an expensive waste of time.

At the same time washing and treating(for the 1st time ever)my trusty 12 year old Berghaus Civvy breathable jacket(not Goretex,cheaper version but in 12 years never ever let me down)so hope it was worth the expense.
    jeva
    jeva
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by jeva Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:44 am

If ir doesn,t work .Give my a mail .I will send you a propper 1.
    Dutch gear rules!

jtheplummer
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:50 am

Both jackets on the line drying(I hope,provided it doesnt rain!!).

Once dry will start wearing and hope it still doesnt leak.
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:02 pm

Now also got a pair of Dutch Goretex Trs and while the Parka is Bilaminate the trs are Trilaminate??
    merlin_para
    merlin_para
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2012-04-28
    Number of posts : 155

Post by merlin_para Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:18 pm

Told ya mate irish is the way
    jeva
    jeva
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by jeva Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:00 pm

There are some variants in production.
    there are also gore-tex originals around.

jfromh
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:02 pm

The trs seem a different material to the parka.
    jeva
    jeva
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by jeva Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:25 pm

Gulf91 wrote:The trs seem a different material to the parka.

In the rain parka there is a liner.Cotton like so you dont feel the dampness.

jfromh
    Bert353
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2018-02-03
    Number of posts : 93

Post by Bert353 Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:04 am

yes, and as far as I know, it's the only rain parka that has such a liner, I think that makes the whole parka a winner!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 pm