IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
loski
UserKing
6 posters

East German Web gear, equipment, pouches and jackets

UserKing
    UserKing

Registration date : 2015-02-08
    Number of posts : 7

East German Web gear, equipment, pouches and jackets Empty East German Web gear, equipment, pouches and jackets

Post by UserKing Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:14 pm

i know the jackets are not from the same time as the rest but was curios about the dates. i couldnt find any legible markings on the pouches and stuff they were faded, but im assuming there 50's-60's East German (DDR) Strichtarn. The jackets on the other hand i dont know about. the bundesgrenshutze one is prob 1960's-1970's or 80's? the other older one "had" the german flag on it but was removed. so its the 1950's-1960's moleskin? maybe a bit o help....

East German Web gear, equipment, pouches and jackets 02081514

East German Web gear, equipment, pouches and jackets 02081515

East German Web gear, equipment, pouches and jackets 02081517

East German Web gear, equipment, pouches and jackets 02081518

East German Web gear, equipment, pouches and jackets 02081519
    loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Name : Graham
    Registration date : 2010-08-11
    Number of posts : 919

East German Web gear, equipment, pouches and jackets Empty Re: East German Web gear, equipment, pouches and jackets

Post by loski Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:12 am

The Green one is a west German as are the others with BUND on the lable. I think BUNDESGRENSHUTZE is from the West German border police.Allso i think the 3 peice mess kit is allso West German.
    UserKing
    UserKing

East German Web gear, equipment, pouches and jackets Empty Re: East German Web gear, equipment, pouches and jackets

Post by UserKing Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:16 am

loski wrote:The Green one is a west German as are the others with BUND on the lable. I think BUNDESGRENSHUTZE is from the West German border police.Allso i think the 3 peice mess kit is allso West German.

Thanks for the info loski,
    i didnt know both west and had BGS, i guess its a common misconception to think everything is from the soviet east block?. i know the police and BGS used similar gear like different sumpftarn patterns. i dont know the differences in West german and east german gear other that west german used FAL's with classic black leather pouches and east had SKS's and their version of the AK with strickentarn. the mess kits looks like it was repainted, Did germany refurbish messkits? i might have to get more pictures if more people need em.
    loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Name : Graham
    Registration date : 2010-08-11
    Number of posts : 919

Post by loski Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:33 pm

Take a look at the hinge on the green lid there should be makers mark and date and if it is BGS it will have BGS stamped on it allso it should be marked on the hanging handle pivot.Butb I think the east and west German mess kits are more or less the same pattern it will be the makers marks that tell wether its east or west.
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Post by Gulf91 Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:31 pm

East German Mess Tins are more of a light grey and on the pan dont have a slot for the leather carrying strap just 2 sort of raised sides. From memory,EG mess tins arent maker/date stamped.
    UserKing
    UserKing

Post by UserKing Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:02 pm

this one for a color test with my moss green far right, brown middle and OD? green far left
    East German Web gear, equipment, pouches and jackets Edxzwk10
    this on is either a name, or BGS? what is long version of GS? Grenshutze?
    East German Web gear, equipment, pouches and jackets Vtazss10

East German Web gear, equipment, pouches and jackets P93psj10
    East German Web gear, equipment, pouches and jackets I6wqun10
    East German Web gear, equipment, pouches and jackets Ourwlq10
    East German Web gear, equipment, pouches and jackets Qcawmb10

i have see mes tins with the same handles as the late canteen cup but still....
    UserKing
    UserKing

Post by UserKing Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:33 pm

new information on the jackets and poncho, they are not DDR and sorry for posting them!

"BGS winter parka in moosgrün (moss green), these were introduced sometime in 1980s to replace the older Sumpftarn model and worn until 2000s. The camo parkas were worn long after the camo field uniforms were eliminated in late 1970s. From label, could be 1988? It is good one with liner and original sleeve insignia (shoulder rank misses), but not so rare."

the other one "standard Bundeswehr parka from 1974"

Pack i don't know but its says NVA.got the esbit stove, no markings. i have two belts, the grey webbing and greyed metal DDR buckle one. A dress or undershirt belt? second is (assuming) the later one with the UTV slots. i don't know if the police made there version of the sumpftarn in the poncho. BGS uses darker streaks and the police had light ones? Correct me if Im wrong here on any of this im just very interested in german camo as of recent. next is a weird pouch. maybe Command/Radio/mag/grenade pouch?(far right) its strange b/c the camo isnt vertical, its horizontal. maybe work sideways on the backpack? also grey suspenders goes with pack

East German Web gear, equipment, pouches and jackets Tz5ibs10
    East German Web gear, equipment, pouches and jackets 1akgwt10
    East German Web gear, equipment, pouches and jackets 7lznh310
    East German Web gear, equipment, pouches and jackets Isxtxb10
    East German Web gear, equipment, pouches and jackets S4dbll10
    UserKing
    UserKing

Post by UserKing Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:15 pm

*update* the pouch is a Nr1 Gunner sight bag for a RPG-7, kinda cool fits my radio and and maps lol. The Mess kit is east german. now i need a good Zeltbahn, and some BDU's bounce
    Martin
    Martin
    Captain
    Captain

Name : Martin
    Registration date : 2009-06-25
    Number of posts : 929

Post by Martin Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:54 pm

Apparently custom made, but still pretty cool:
    East German Web gear, equipment, pouches and jackets 5182898279_zpsdvwlqo6i
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:56 am

UserKing wrote:
    loski wrote:The Green one is a west German as are the others with BUND on the lable. I think BUNDESGRENSHUTZE is from the West German border police.Allso i think the 3 peice mess kit is allso West German.

Thanks for the info loski,
    i didnt know both west and had BGS, i guess its a common misconception to think everything is from the soviet east block?. i know the police and BGS used similar gear like different sumpftarn patterns. i dont know the differences in West german and east german gear other that west german used FAL's with classic black leather pouches and east had SKS's and their version of the AK with strickentarn. the mess kits looks like it was repainted, Did germany refurbish messkits? i might have to get more pictures if more people need em.

BGS = Bundesgrenzschutz <--- Federal Republic of Germany (BRD)
    GT = Grenztruppen <--- Democratic German Republic (DDR)

There is no such thing as BGS for the DDR, so it's actually easy to keep straight now that you know Very Happy

The green parka and the Sumpftarn rain cape are BGS. The parka was used in the 1980s, the rain cape probably in then 1969-1975 timeframe. The other parka is standard Bundeswehr (Army) issue and is dated 1974.

BGS and BRD Polizei used quite a few bits of equipment that were based on WW2 designs, as did the DDR's NVA, MdI, and other services. So it takes a little bit of knowledge to sort out which is what, especially since both used similar designs for 30+ years. I am not an expert on the mess tins, but to me it looks like NVA. There are certainly no distinctive markings to show it to be BRD of some sort.

Steve
    UserKing
    UserKing

Post by UserKing Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:34 pm

Martin wrote:Apparently custom made, but still pretty cool:
    East German Web gear, equipment, pouches and jackets 5182898279_zpsdvwlqo6i

reminds me of the Chinese ones. im trying to use my chest for other things but its a good idea of where i want to go. i have some spare rain drop cloth i planned to make a better dump pouch. @ CollectinSteve - thanks for the info, i plan on using a vz2008 for this setup sorry for the super late response internet Razz
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Post by CollectinSteve Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:23 am

Glad to have helped Very Happy

Steve
    spukmeyer
    spukmeyer
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Carlos
    Registration date : 2010-06-04
    Number of posts : 303

Post by spukmeyer Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:36 am

East German Web gear, equipment, pouches and jackets 02081514
    imag

All of this is with number DDR
    1-pack campaign.
    2-Magazine pouch
    3-Porta grenades UTV
    4-Canteen
    5-RPG to bring the viewer.
    6-harnesses, I think the model trecer (does not look good)
    7-pot DDR.
    8-stove to heat the pot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:52 pm