IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
mylle
Camo_fiend
ripcord
CollectinSteve
8 posters

Some Slovakian digital-camo stuff

ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2781

Some Slovakian digital-camo stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: Some Slovakian digital-camo stuff

Post by ripcord Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:36 pm

Super nice puffy winter jacket, Alex...

Looks like the trip to Bratislava was fruitful...  cheers

Curious to see what other jewels you've unearthed..

S

mylle
    mylle
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Name : Alex
    Registration date : 2013-10-18
    Number of posts : 2283

Some Slovakian digital-camo stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: Some Slovakian digital-camo stuff

Post by mylle Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:36 pm

Thanks Sal, also got this nice smaller backpack from T.- made by a Czech company and mostly
    private purchased by Slovakian soldiers.

Some Slovakian digital-camo stuff - Page 2 Img_4126

Some Slovakian digital-camo stuff - Page 2 Img_4127
    rowdyrugby
    rowdyrugby

Registration date : 2016-05-12
    Number of posts : 7

Post by rowdyrugby Wed May 25, 2016 9:47 pm

Im assuming there are no online sources for finding this stuff?
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Post by CollectinSteve Thu May 26, 2016 2:26 pm

Correct. Most nations these days copyright their camo patterns and that precludes commercial knock offs (for the most part, anyway). Militaries themselves do not sell their kit to civilians except as surplus. The smaller nations seem to be against surplussing their kit. The US, UK, Germany, and France are exceptions.

Steve
    rowdyrugby
    rowdyrugby

Post by rowdyrugby Fri May 27, 2016 12:01 am

CollectinSteve wrote:Correct.  Most nations these days copyright their camo patterns and that precludes commercial knock offs (for the most part, anyway).  Militaries themselves do not sell their kit to civilians except as surplus.  The smaller nations seem to be against surplussing their kit.  The US, UK, Germany, and France are exceptions.

Steve

I figured as much. I found some tactical gear in this new digi pattern but was hoping to snatch some up, especially that hoodie. The Slovak in me can dream.
    Zrut

Registration date : 2016-12-24

Post by Zrut Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:14 am

How do you guys actually get any of this? There's no surplus as far as I know, and I've looked.
    Thibir
    Thibir
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2015-05-06
    Number of posts : 251

Post by Thibir Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:15 am

Zrut wrote:How do you guys actually get any of this? There's no surplus as far as I know, and I've looked.

Well, I mean not to brag but majority of vz. 2007 items on this forum went through my hands :-)
    Thibir
    Thibir
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by Thibir Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:41 pm

Found these photos of vz. 2007 urban/mountain? camo prototype. AFAIK they were actually never officially issued.

FYI my source claims that the camo fabric for Slovak vz 2007 manufacturer is sourced from Bulgaria and uniforms are just put together here.

Some Slovakian digital-camo stuff - Page 2 17522910
    Some Slovakian digital-camo stuff - Page 2 17884610
    mylle
    mylle
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post by mylle Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:36 pm

Now thats an interesting info... Looks a bit weird but also cool.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:43 pm

Neat! I'm guessing it was for Urban. Lots of experimenting with that concept, few progressed to an issued uniform. Which is why I want one Wink

Steve
    Thibir
    Thibir
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by Thibir Sat May 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Well it was just a matter of time until commercial reproductions would appear.

http://www.commando.sk/vojensku-odev-vustroj/slovenska-armada/digital-woodland-sk-2007-cpu-suprava
    Thibir
    Thibir
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by Thibir Sat May 06, 2017 5:46 pm

Another prototype camo, that was not adopted. This was designated for 5th PSU.

Digital "tigerstripe" in vz. 97 colours. It should be very nice!

Some Slovakian digital-camo stuff - Page 2 18337010
    rowdyrugby
    rowdyrugby

Post by rowdyrugby Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:55 am

Thibir wrote:Well it was just a matter of time until commercial reproductions would appear.

http://www.commando.sk/vojensku-odev-vustroj/slovenska-armada/digital-woodland-sk-2007-cpu-suprava

That looks pretty dodgy
    Thibir
    Thibir
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by Thibir Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:42 am

rowdyrugby wrote:
    Thibir wrote:Well it was just a matter of time until commercial reproductions would appear.

That looks pretty dodgy

yeah, it is commercial and according to some reviews of very poor quality.
    Thibir
    Thibir
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by Thibir Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:48 am

Just quick info on Slovak digital uniforms.

We have some problems with paramilitary home defense group called Slovenskí branci (Slovak draftees). They are technically not breaking any laws but they are supported by Russia and are organized like an army and training for some future possible war (in which the NATO is not seen as an ally). They choose to wear vz. 2007 uniforms together with army ranks and custom nametags.

As now they just can't be jailed all because of democracy and the fact they are not making any direct moves against laws just training our government is trying to alter some laws to annoy them. One of them is ban on vz. 2007 uniforms.

So far uniforms made for army in vz. 2007 were not available for public purchase but the commercial items could be purchased from manufactures in similar camo. Now they are changing 2 laws. One is army regulation according to which any Army member can't sell any part of army gear to anybody who is not in army too even privately. This affects only army members but could in some way affect supply of available vz. 2007 uniforms to public.

Second law (from 1st January 2019) will make it an offense to be dressed in uniform "similar" to Slovak army uniforms. However there is not a word on what "similar" means. Is it vz. 2007, commercial Slovak digital which is slightly different or basically any digital pattern? Nobody knows. Funny fact is that jurisdiction for this offence will have only military police.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:14 am

Interesting! Thanks for the information.

Russia's infiltration of "Airsoft" and "Biker Clubs" into countries it wishes to undermine is a long established means of causing trouble for its neighbors. Slovakia has very good reason to be concerned about this, since these groups were critical to the rapid takeover of the Crimean peninsula in 2014. They were activated as part of the Green Men invasion.

The uniform restrictions is a good first step, but it doesn't do much to reduce the threat these groups pose to Slovakia's democratic independence. What it does do is make my Slovak collection a lot more valuable Wink

Steve
    mylle
    mylle
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post by mylle Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:59 pm

Good that I kept all my vz.2007 stuff, even doubles. king
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Post by Camo_fiend Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:29 pm

So now's the time to scrounge up vz.2007 kit...who's got some spares? Shocked

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    mylle
    mylle
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post by mylle Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:27 pm

Finally I had to get a straight pocket jacket-version too.
    This one is unissued, funny thing is the russian/soviet-looking factory ink stamp.
    Looks like they changed the design of the factory tags and went away from the(IMHO annoying) upper-trouser pocket flaps.

Some Slovakian digital-camo stuff - Page 2 Img_1542

Some Slovakian digital-camo stuff - Page 2 Img_1543

Some Slovakian digital-camo stuff - Page 2 Img_1550

Some Slovakian digital-camo stuff - Page 2 Img_1544

Some Slovakian digital-camo stuff - Page 2 Img_1545

Some Slovakian digital-camo stuff - Page 2 Img_1546

Some Slovakian digital-camo stuff - Page 2 Img_1548

Utility belt(similar to the new russian belt):

Some Slovakian digital-camo stuff - Page 2 Img_1549

Some Slovakian digital-camo stuff - Page 2 Img_1547
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2781

Post by ripcord Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:54 pm

Very nicely done.

Not seen Russian style tags before in these uniforms..

Belt looks well made and useful.

mylle
    mylle
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post by mylle Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:15 pm

The tag is most likely a quality control thing and removed after handing it over to the soldier I guess. The belt is a great piece of kit. Built bombproof.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:44 am