IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

British camo used by New Zealand in afghanistan question

dee222
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2014-04-03
    Number of posts : 89

British camo used by New Zealand in afghanistan question Empty British camo used by New Zealand in afghanistan question

Post by dee222 Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:11 pm

Hi
    I have a contact in NZ who wants to sell me some desert camo the lot includes 2 pair NZ desert trousers 2 Brit ubac desert shirts ,and 3 Brit desert shirts which are NZ badged and pair of Brit shorts , did NZ troops use so much Brit camo ?
    Bolty717
    Bolty717
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Bolty
    Registration date : 2012-11-22
    Number of posts : 330

British camo used by New Zealand in afghanistan question Empty Re: British camo used by New Zealand in afghanistan question

Post by Bolty717 Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:18 pm

Yes, the Brit Desert was the same pattern as NZ DDPM. So while not issue we used it. I had a UBACS shirt and a Brit Desert jungle hat, both were better than what we were issue, in the case of the UBACS we didn't have a issue version.

Use of the shirts would have depended a lot of when they were there and which unit. Id find out the era. Also why not just buy the same shirts in UK and then hunt own the badges. YOu can PM me for my email and Im happy to look at any pictures to give advice on the set up of the badges etc.
    2/1kiwi
    2/1kiwi
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Dan
    Registration date : 2011-03-03
    Number of posts : 368

British camo used by New Zealand in afghanistan question Empty Re: British camo used by New Zealand in afghanistan question

Post by 2/1kiwi Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:21 pm

I have a DDPM badged uniform as well Dave,  that we could trade.

Other trade being sent today.
    2/1RNZIR
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-11-09
    Number of posts : 143

Post by 2/1RNZIR Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:21 am

It was worn but rarely, other than the ubacs shirt, it was a pride thing as well, why would you want to wear British uniforms, the supply system was pretty good over there and it took as long as the walk from your accommodation to the qstore to exchange your unserviceable uniforms, and you didn't want to be know as that guy as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:51 am