IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

WW2 Type Waterbottle and Mug in Blue.

Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

WW2 Type Waterbottle and Mug in Blue. Empty WW2 Type Waterbottle and Mug in Blue.

Post by Gulf91 Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:17 am

No dates I can see on this,anybody please have any idea who would have used these-Police?

Bought many years ago and just unearthed. These were often for sale as WW2 Luftwaffe ones which obviously they arent.

Thanks.

WW2 Type Waterbottle and Mug in Blue. DSCF0229_zpsyfeudirq

WW2 Type Waterbottle and Mug in Blue. DSCF0226_zpskiohqgtx

WW2 Type Waterbottle and Mug in Blue. DSCF0227_zpsitpdisx3

WW2 Type Waterbottle and Mug in Blue. DSCF0228_zps0inwdguy
    zvez
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2009-02-21
    Number of posts : 419

WW2 Type Waterbottle and Mug in Blue. Empty Re: WW2 Type Waterbottle and Mug in Blue.

Post by zvez Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:52 am

or perhaps air force?
    thunderchild
    thunderchild
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2013-04-21
    Number of posts : 344

WW2 Type Waterbottle and Mug in Blue. Empty Re: WW2 Type Waterbottle and Mug in Blue.

Post by thunderchild Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:41 pm

i wonder if they are inner german border guards
    austromunga
    austromunga
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2014-11-24
    Number of posts : 267

Post by austromunga Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:51 am

Post war West German Police issue...
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Post by CollectinSteve Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:50 am

More specifically, Berlin Polizei. And if you're looking to move that along Gulf, I am potentially interested. I'm slowly (read LAZY) getting some early PPBerlin items to match my Sumpftarn uniform. If something comes into my view I try to get it, otherwise apparently I can't be bothered Wink

Steve
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:26 am

Thank you very much for the info Steve.

Unfortunately its staying with me this one.

I remember many years ago when I got this,a mate also got one and he painted the mug black to look more like a WW2 one and he also ruined the wool cover by also painting(yes,painting!!!) it to try to make it look more WW2-needless to say it didnt and he ruined the bottle.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:26 pm

Blech, that's a terrible story! So much of the post war German stuff was butchered by people looking for a shortcut to WW2 stuff or to defraud unaware buyers. Always sad to hear about.

Please add this to the list of "stuff Steve wants if I should ever decide to part with it" Smile

Steve
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:45 pm

CollectinSteve wrote:Blech, that's a terrible story!  So much of the post war German stuff was butchered by people looking for a shortcut to WW2 stuff or to defraud unaware buyers.  Always sad to hear about.

Please add this to the list of "stuff Steve wants if I should ever decide to part with it" Smile

Steve

Safe in the knowledge that I wont be touching it as have my 2 original WW2 canteen sets and will add it to the list Steve. Razz Razz
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:32 pm

Just got another one,nicer than the other in that the neck of the bottle on this one is stamped PPr.Bln,has a WW2 style spring clip and the best bit is that the leather strap end on the reverse is stamped with a makers mark which I cant quite make out and best of all,dated-1954.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:06 pm

Good for you! 1954 is right around the time that the Germans got their police forces organized beyond simple constabulary duties. This was probably one of the first wave of new production vs. reusing old kit from various Allied sources.

Steve
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:32 am

Thanks Steve,the first one was nice but this one,love even more.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:03 am